X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New silkair uniforms

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...w/1777298.html

Nope. Not working for me.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

More details:
    http://alvinology.com/2015/04/10/new...exandria-chen/

I feel that the current wrap uniforms look chic and timeless, and is more easily associated with SilkAir as a pan-Asian airline. The new uniform will take time to get used to. The bow on the blouse looks a little awkward, as if they're wearing scarves with only the ends visible.

Also, isn't SilkAir getting male cabin crew soon? Guess they'll have a separate launch for the male cabin crew uniform later on.

Comment

Oh no ....

Bring back the old one.

The new one looks like many other airlines ....

Comment

The new one looks awful! I thought the current ones are very nice..
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I concur with the majority opinion here. These look like a dud.

Comment

Just got off a Silkair flight. Midflight, I casually asked one of the crew if she prefers the current or new uniform, and she replied that she prefers the new design.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I have a MI cabin crew friend and she also preferred the new one as it doesn't make VPLs that obvious.

Comment

What defines junior versus senior crew on Silkair? Obviously senior have more experience or more responsible positions, but the photo with roughly half and half blue versus red tops on the uniforms is making me wonder. I would have though that senior were pursers or what some airlines call lead flight attendants. Or it could be FAs serving in business and first class. Neither of these categories would seem to be half of the Silkair cabin crew on a flight.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                  What defines junior versus senior crew on Silkair? Obviously senior have more experience or more responsible positions, but the photo with roughly half and half blue versus red tops on the uniforms is making me wonder. I would have though that senior were pursers or what some airlines call lead flight attendants. Or it could be FAs serving in business and first class. Neither of these categories would seem to be half of the Silkair cabin crew on a flight.
                  That's just for the runway show. You will have more aqua blue than red stewardesses on a flight.
                  We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

To me, the new uniforms look like they belong in winter (or at least fall) of a cold climate place. They seem odd for Singapore; also not at all reminiscent of SQ and Singapore Girls. I could see these uniforms on BA, AF, or Germanwings very easily.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Star Trek.
                        Star Trek rules!
                        Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Seriously?

A few years ago I think SQ started to emphasise the importance of realising its regional network strength with SQ+MI since they now make MI flights fully codeshare-able on SQ's website with no additional cost. It wasn't the case before. They also gave MI the tagline "The Regional Wing of Singapore Airlines". It makes sense that they're increasingly branding MI as regional SQ because MI is never going to be a very strong brand on its own.. most of their destinations are < 2 hours and LCC have a big cost advantage here. Also I don't think a traveler say flying from Frankfurt to Chiang Mai is going to care if the SIN-CNX leg is on SQ or MI but would want to be able to book the full itinerary seamlessly.

So I'd imagine any revamped crew uniforms for MI would be made to look complimentary to SQ. But the new uniforms look completely unlike SQ's Southeast Asian heritage and to me, plainly tacky.

If I hadn't known and was asked to guess what company this new uniform belongs to, I'd have guessed it belongs to a domestic hotel or restaurant chain in Thailand.

Oh well. I still love MI and will continue to fly them though

Comment

Looks rather plain jane to me.. the side ribbons definitely could be better off being a disposable tissue? lol

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                              Seriously?

A few years ago I think SQ started to emphasise the importance of realising its regional network strength with SQ+MI since they now make MI flights fully codeshare-able on SQ's website with no additional cost. It wasn't the case before. They also gave MI the tagline "The Regional Wing of Singapore Airlines". It makes sense that they're increasingly branding MI as regional SQ because MI is never going to be a very strong brand on its own.. most of their destinations are < 2 hours and LCC have a big cost advantage here. Also I don't think a traveler say flying from Frankfurt to Chiang Mai is going to care if the SIN-CNX leg is on SQ or MI but would want to be able to book the full itinerary seamlessly.

So I'd imagine any revamped crew uniforms for MI would be made to look complimentary to SQ. But the new uniforms look completely unlike SQ's Southeast Asian heritage and to me, plainly tacky.

If I hadn't known and was asked to guess what company this new uniform belongs to, I'd have guessed it belongs to a domestic hotel or restaurant chain in Thailand.

Oh well. I still love MI and will continue to fly them though
                              It makes a huge difference for *A FFers. Silk Air is not a *A member, so its flights don't count for miles, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X