No announcement yet.

Excited over London City Airport (LCY)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited over London City Airport (LCY)!

Have been fascinated by small jets coming and going from LCY since i was a student in London. But when arriving from the far east, limited chances to use LCY......

...until now.

Will be hopping in and out of LCY between Spanish GP.

Arriving on E Jets and departing via Whisper Jets.

Anyone has any experience of the 5.5degree approach? Or the airport recently?

Cheers.
    Last edited by SQTalked; 19 April 2011, 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Please do a TR if you can.

I toyed with the idea of SIN-ZRH-LCY to try airport and fly BAe 146

Comment

Done it quite a few times. My airport of choice when staying in the east of London

Comment

Was at LCY not long ago. This is one place where you can see how quick the aircraft speed up for takeoff. Absolutely a joy to see!

Comment

OH and let us know how long you really need to be at LCY before flight time!

Comment

Check in closes 20 minutes before IIRC. Youtube video seems underwhelming though. However, i just relieved to avoid third world LHR T3.

Comment

LCY is predicated on you spending the least amount of time on the pre- and post-flight formalities (checkin, pre-departure wait, luggage collection). There isn't going to be much in terms of amenities.

The ease of travelling from LCY is why it's my favorite among the London airports. (But I haven't been there when the notorious fog delays in winter hit the flights.)
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

LCY was awesome!

Captain Fabian landed like a real pro! Smooth, no reverse, half a runway to spare.

2mins to clear immigration. Exact opposite to Ian Foote experience.

Bags out in 5mins. 3mins to train.

15mins to CP docklands. 9am check in.

Off to get a pint.

Happy days!!

Comment

Flew out of LCY yesterday - they've increased the checkin cutoff times to 20 min for business and 30 min for Y. At least for Swiss.

Comment

Working...
                  X