No announcement yet.

TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard that there is was an exodus of pilots from TR recently, resulting in shortage of pilots nowadays. Wonder how they are gonna manage for the increased number of flights from their winter schedule.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

should keep this thread on Tiger's cancelling its flights - as of today 29Sep - Tiger cancelled its 6.30am to Bangkok, its 735am to HCMC, its 1235pm to Bangkok, its 455pm to KL, and retime its 3pm Kuching to 6pm - all in 4 flights cancelled today and seems everyday for the past week been 2 to 4 cancelled flights daily n few retimes.
      And its pilot shortage does seem to take a toll in this as have seen one or 2 idle Tiger planes on the ground at the gate all locked up and flights still cancelled. How can its major shareholders n stakeholders , SIA and Temasek allow such deterioration of Tiger?

Comment

Although I can't imagine TR going the way of the dodo anytime soon, a massive rash of cancellations like this can't bode well... and it also removes one of my backup plans for Chinese New Year 2011 travel. No way I'm risking booking a flight on them now.

Comment

Are TR pilots that underpaid? Did not hear 3K pilot exodus...

Comment

Tiger cancelled 8 flights yesterday! Today, 6 flights are canceled with a few others retimed. Bad, bad... I guess we will be seeing more cancellations for the coming days.

My Travel Map

Comment

This is a huge blow to TR's image..

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                Are TR pilots that underpaid? Did not hear 3K pilot exodus...
                Well, judge for yourself..

http://www.tigerairways.com/news/Tig...ys_Summary.pdf

Non-A320 rated pilots even have to pay for the conversion themselves!

My Travel Map

Comment

3 flights cancelled plus 11 more flights retimed (delays of 2hrs or more) today. Something is very wrong. Surprisingly it has not make the news yet.

My Travel Map

Comment

Can pilots just walk from their jobs? esp if they decide never to return to the airline?

Comment

TR's pilots required to give notice; but am sure the more than 10 pilots who left have served their notice to quit and have left abt a month ago.

Comment

the global pilot shortage is very real then.

Comment

yes there is a shortage of esp A320s pilots - but again it also depends on the airline and how the pilots perceive their employers too - as dont see jetstar or even air asia having these exodus of pilots to the extend of crippling flights.

Comment

SINGAPORE : Budget carrier Tiger Airways cancelled nearly half of its flights out of Singapore on Friday due to technical faults with its aircraft.

Online flight status information provided by Changi Airport showed that 15 out of 33 flights scheduled to depart on Friday had been cancelled.

It is estimated that as many as 2,700 passengers may have been affected.

The cancellations affected flights to Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Phuket, Krabi, Bangkok, Perth, Chennai and Macau.

Responding to queries from Channel NewsAsia, the Singapore-based low cost carrier said two of its Airbus A320 aircraft have experienced technical issues over the past few weeks and were grounded for extended checks and maintenance.

The technical issues included faults with the electrical supply to the braking system of one aircraft, while the second aircraft experienced fuel tank contamination.

One of the aircraft had to be sent back to Airbus' headquarters in Toulouse, France.

The carrier said this has caused significant disruption to its flight programme, which have resulted in the rescheduling and cancellation of flights.

Tiger Airways has a total of 19 Airbus A320 aircraft in its fleet. Ten are operated from Singapore, and the remaining nine from Australia.

A Tiger spokesperson said passengers have been offered various alternative options such as refunds and alternative flights.

- CNA/al

Quite ridiculous to cancel 15 flights out of 33 even though 2 planes out of 10 is down. The 2 planes won't operate the 15 flights! More than meets the eyes...

My Travel Map

Comment

I was booked on TR2428 / SINPEN / 30SEP and was informed by SMS that the flight was cancelled. Rebooked onto TR2426 / 01OCT which was also subsequently cancelled. I finally had enough of being toyed around and put on hold on their call centre for hours I eventually travelled on 3K.

Bye bye Tiger. You've lost me as a customer for good.

Comment

do not know why the 2 major stakeholders allow Tiger to go down like this and all along Tiger have more bad publicity on its flight cancellations, delays and non customer delivery. The deny by Tiger that its massive 40 flights cancelled are not bec of pilot shortages is highly questionable. Have seen just last tue while my plane was taxiing pass the budget terminal, there were 2 Tiger A320s sitting on the tarmac in front of the terminal with its doors shut and no activity around the planes as obviously its not flying anywhere soon despite the "cancellations" - and doubt these 2 planes are AOG bec if they are they be parked at maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                                X