• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gates for this morning’s flights according to the Flightstats app:

SQ951 Gate 8
    SQ953 Gate 9
    SQ955 Gate 9
    SQ957 Gate 8

So getting meal vouchers instead of the lounge by gate 5 might not be such a bad idea.

Comment

• Here’s my experience today arriving at T3 on SQ 956, gate 8. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Touchdown 10:08; Exited the aircraft 10:17; The walk to immigration was close from gate 8. By the time I cleared immigration, customs and got in my car it was 10:32. So, 15 minutes from deplaning to curbside is rather excellent. I did not have checked bags, of course.

We’ll see how the experience is departing from T3 in a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
        Here’s my experience today arriving at T3 on SQ 956, gate 8. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Touchdown 10:08; Exited the aircraft 10:17; The walk to immigration was close from gate 8. By the time I cleared immigration, customs and got in my car it was 10:32. So, 15 minutes from deplaning to curbside is rather excellent. I did not have checked bags, of course.

We’ll see how the experience is departing from T3 in a few days.
        damn but that would be far to walk to saphire lounge and back to 8. cant have best of both world, can we.

Comment

• I was checking on the Saphire lounge located opposite Gates 7 and 8 on Lounge Buddy (not to be confused with Saphire Plaza Premium Lounge near gate 5 which is the designated First, Business Class and PPS Club lounge for SQ flight)

Source: https://www.loungebuddy.com/CGK/saph...nal-hePdcCUF1C
          https://youtu.be/42vrzuHKF7M?t=3

Apparently from the photo above, this lounge is temporary and from the decor it maybe suitable standard for KFEG and Star Gold. I wonder why SQ didn't choose this lounge for KFEG and Star Gold members but instead give IDR 150,000 airport meal vouchers? Or perhaps this space would be earmarked for "Esplanade Lounge"?

Last edited by davidfusq; 28 November 2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Just arrived on SQ966 at CGK T3.
            Walk to Immigration not far, don’t remember which was the gate number.
            Immigration line not too long and with single queuing system, it moved fast enough.
            Baggage delivery took slightly longer than normal but still reasonable.
            Walk to parking structure was ok but parking structure (level 1) and pick up area on level 3 (why?) were a bit chaotic, I am pretty sure it would get overwhelmed if many flights arrive at the same time.

Comment

• today sq flights are assigned to gate 5 & 6 mostly

Comment

• Going through T3. Charmless and hot! T2 was decrepit but had character.
                No lounge Access for KFEG - which is very disappointing and hopefully not starting a trend. Plaza premium lounge does not accept Priority Pass - never had that before. Sapphire lounge does but is suitably awful.
                Rp 150k for Burger King. Fabulous substitute for a lounge!
                Looking forward to Arrival screening at Changi to complete a perfect experience!

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Just arrived on SQ966 at CGK T3.
                  Walk to Immigration not far, don’t remember which was the gate number.
                  Immigration line not too long and with single queuing system, it moved fast enough.
                  Baggage delivery took slightly longer than normal but still reasonable.
                  Walk to parking structure was ok but parking structure (level 1) and pick up area on level 3 (why?) were a bit chaotic, I am pretty sure it would get overwhelmed if many flights arrive at the same time.
                  I prefer the pickup area on level 1, just outside of "West Lobby". Then you don't have to go up the funky escalator, only to meet your car upstairs and have to come down again. The pickup area on level 1 is also larger than the one on the 3rd level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger Ball View Post
                    Going through T3. Charmless and hot! T2 was decrepit but had character.
                    No lounge Access for KFEG - which is very disappointing and hopefully not starting a trend. Plaza premium lounge does not accept Priority Pass - never had that before. Sapphire lounge does but is suitably awful.
                    Rp 150k for Burger King. Fabulous substitute for a lounge!
                    Looking forward to Arrival screening at Changi to complete a perfect experience!
                    Maybe worth writing a complaint to SQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger Ball View Post
                      Plaza premium lounge does not accept Priority Pass - never had that before. Sapphire lounge does but is suitably awful.
                      So far I noticed DragonPass offers entry to the Plaza Premium Lounge. And comparing the offering, Dragon Pass offering in Asia seems to be better than Priority Pass with more lounge choices eg HK Airlines lounges (Club Bauhinia n Club Autus) in HKIA, China Airlines lounges in Taipei Taoyuan (you gotta fly with CI though), Flight Club n Sama Sama Express in KLIA. DragonPass also offers lounges in China’s train stations!

On a related note, anyone knows if American Express (Plaza Premium and SATS) Lounge Vouchers for KrisFlyer Ascend card is accepted for Plaza Premium Lounge in T3 CGK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                        I prefer the pickup area on level 1, just outside of "West Lobby". Then you don't have to go up the funky escalator, only to meet your car upstairs and have to come down again. The pickup area on level 1 is also larger than the one on the 3rd level.
                        Yes, saw that area but it was quite busy yesterday (lots of loading passengers). Wondered if by boarding car at level 3 would bypass that level 1 area, or we have to pass through that area anyway.
                        Hoping to understand the layout of the parking area better on my next visits.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          Yes, saw that area but it was quite busy yesterday (lots of loading passengers). Wondered if by boarding car at level 3 would bypass that level 1 area, or we have to pass through that area anyway.
                          Hoping to understand the layout of the parking area better on my next visits.
                          It’s a very poorly designed garage. There’s only one way up and one way down. Level 3 is the designated pick up area but it’s a mess. There just isn’t enough space. Also, it can take up to 20 minutes to get up there and another 20 minutes to get down.

I suggest telling the person picking you up to park towards the exit on the first floor and just walk straight to the car. That way you can bypass all the circus.

Comment

• might be easier to book a taxi or public transport. (I use Silverbird once and it is far simpler)

That extra arrival screening in changi is a great nuisance, especially if having tight connection. Is it imposed to all flights arriving from Indonesia? Recently I always took off my apple watch upon landing in SIN in anticipation of this, and got checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                              might be easier to book a taxi or public transport. (I use Silverbird once and it is far simpler)

That extra arrival screening in changi is a great nuisance, especially if having tight connection. Is it imposed to all flights arriving from Indonesia? Recently I always took off my apple watch upon landing in SIN in anticipation of this, and got checked.
                              I rarely encounter arrival screening in Changi when arriving from CGK. Once in a while, yes.

Comment

• Well. I got it arriving on GA twice in the last 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X