Lufthansa's new livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lufthansa's new livery

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

I think the old livery was better!

Comment

Is that a blue Qantas plane?....

Comment

Very boring. Follows the recent trend of moving away from vibrant colors towards eurowhites and dark tones, e.g Austrian, Air Canada, NZ, etc.

Comment

What a boring livery. Also disappointing how the yellow has been removed. It had been such an inseparable part of the crane logo for decades!

I'll reserve my judgment for when I see it on the first live aircraft, but my hopes aren't high.

Seriously, this obsession with Eurowhite or monochrome liveries is going a bit too far.
          Last edited by SQGamespeed; 6 February 2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Not good at all. I stumbled this a few days ago but it is nowhere as good as their current one.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
              Seriously, this obsession with Eurowhite or monochrome liveries is going a bit to far.
              The trend in airline liveries in recent years seem to be "understated simplicity", or "less (colours) is more". Virgin Atlantic removed blue from their livery, Cathay Pacific ditched the red from their livery and kept green, Qantas simplified their kangaroo logo (though they re-introduced a stripe down the tail, in silver this time), Air Canada did away with their winter-green livery with a 3D effect maple leaf for a more sterile look with solid colours...

Maybe this is a general design trend for cleaner lines, flatter surfaces that no longer have shading to look 3D, and fewer colours in iconography? For example, look at the evolution of Apple's logo and iOS icons in the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I think the old livery was better!
                agree
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                  Maybe this is a general design trend for cleaner lines, flatter surfaces that no longer have shading to look 3D, and fewer colours in iconography? For example, look at the evolution of Apple's logo and iOS icons in the past 10 years.
                  or may be is being done by the same design house?
                  visit my blog

Comment

The trend in airline liveries in recent years seem to be "understated simplicity", or "less (colours) is more". Virgin Atlantic removed blue from their livery, Cathay Pacific ditched the red from their livery and kept green, Qantas simplified their kangaroo logo (though they re-introduced a stripe down the tail, in silver this time), Air Canada did away with their winter-green livery with a 3D effect maple leaf for a more sterile look with solid colours...

Yeah that has come to mind as well. I agree with you on this

Comment

Here is a video of a 747 in the new livery.

I have heard that some of the aircraft will be repainted at Manchester. So MAN Flyer and myself might get to see one soon!

Comment

My sentiments exact.
                        LH's new livery is soulless.. I still can't believe they decided to simply remove their distinct yellow.

On another note, seeing as how SQ's management has been making a lot of dumb impulsive decisions these days, I hope their "infinite wisdow" will not tell them its time for a livery change, you know like "Cathay, Qantas and Lufthansa have changed their liveries! Singapore Airlines must change its livery too!"

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                          My sentiments exact.
                          LH's new livery is soulless.. I still can't believe they decided to simply remove their distinct yellow.

On another note, seeing as how SQ's management has been making a lot of dumb impulsive decisions these days, I hope their "infinite wisdow" will not tell them its time for a livery change, you know like "Cathay, Qantas and Lufthansa have changed their liveries! Singapore Airlines must change its livery too!"
                          I started thinking about this myself. SQ's livery is still timeless even if they ended up putting bigger titles and making the logo on their tail fin bigger on all their planes over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                            My sentiments exact.
                            I feel that it looks less "German" now. The aircraft had gravitas with grey bellies, almost connoting a sense of stability and reliability, traditionally German traits (let's forget about their crew strikes for now...). Meanwhile, yellow is also a colour on the German flag.

Now it looks very generic. Forward-looking, but generic and soulless.

Comment

Further thoughts following today’s official unveiling:

While the new livery is a big letdown, I think their execution in other areas has been good. In general, the new branding looks more premium and streamlined. I particularly like the tweaks to the uniforms and typeface. Finally, it’s a relief that yellow will continue to be an important feature of their identify- unfortunately, this is not reflected in the livery.

www.explorethenew.com

Comment

Working...
                              X