No announcement yet.

Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While most of the attention has been on SQ22, SQ21 is 'quietly' making its inaugural trip.

Track it here: https://www.flightradar24.com/SIA21/1e3012e7

Apparently SQ21 scheduled flight time is going to be "ONLY" 16h44m!

Comment

• 12th Oct flight for SQ22 appears to be canceled.

Comment

• Many thanks StarG for taking and sharing, and to yflyer for posting the photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          12th Oct flight for SQ22 appears to be canceled.
          As per Trent1000, reply #132, SQ22 only operates every Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays till 17OCT18

Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
          It will only be three times weekly (Mon, Thu, Sat) for the first week before turning daily on the 18th.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../ne2018-180530

Thanks for the pics yflyer and StarG!

Comment

• Excellent pictures, StarG! And thank you for posting them here, yflyer!

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Many thanks to yflyer who had graciously agreed to post the pictures here for all SQTalkers to enjoy.

It does take quite some effort as he had to filter through multiple pictures as well to select which ones are good enough to share.
              Thanks, StarG! Happy to be part of the supply chain to get your wonderful photos from the plane onto SQTalk!

And thanks, everyone, for your kind comments too!

A very nice discussion thread to be part of during the inaugural festivities!

Comment

• My review of SQ22 is now up at https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...apore-new-york

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Many thanks to yflyer who had graciously agreed to post the pictures here for all SQTalkers to enjoy.

It does take quite some effort as he had to filter through multiple pictures as well to select which ones are good enough to share.
                  Thanks StarG for taking all those pictures.
                  Would love to hear your perspectives on the flight.

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                  Thanks for Sharing

Would love also for TTOTY and uprightman for sharing their thoughts on PY
                  Last edited by 9V-JKL; 13 October 2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                    Thanks djsflynn for a very detailed trip report. Let’s see if SQ is taking any of your suggestions into consideration, especially around the second meal service.

Comment

• Blog of Inaugural SQ21 EWR-SIN
                      https://airwaysmag.com/special-fligh...pore-airlines/

Comment

• So happy to see SQ22 back after a hiatus of five years! I was on the direct SIN-EWR flights on a number of occasions (on company account) but never had a chance to take these after I left the corporate world. Thanks StarG, djsflynn and yflyer for all the photos and reviews. I look forward to the day when I fly on SQ22 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                          A very good read, djsflynn! Balanced and objective, with your usual attention to detail!

Very valid points raised around the need to relook the needs of ULR vs regular long haul, such as a separate lounge space, to allow passengers to get up, stretch their legs, and spend some time away from their seat at some point during the flight.

In fact, in the original A345 config with Spacebeds and Exec Economy, the Economy section had a small "lounge" area where economy pax could spend some time.

Agree with your comment about PJ's for J pax on this long red-eye as well (Maybe the longest possible red-eye!)...

Comment

• Here's a short video throwback to the original SQ SIN-EWR nonstops.

I did SQ22 SIN-EWR in 2006, back when the aircraft was an A340-500 and equipped with Spacebed Business Class (2-2-2) and Exec Economy (2-3-2).

Just a one-minute video from a trip back in 2006. This was, of course, years before I started writing TRs, so there aren't pics of seats or the meals...

The video highlights:

- The SQ Airbus A340-500...a very beautiful aircraft...as a bonus there is a glimpse of an SQ 744 as well...

- A glimpse of the exec economy cabin...the aircraft had a small mini exec economy cabin just behind business, and then a large 2nd exec economy cabin. This pic is of the larger 2nd Y cabin, not the cosy 1st cabin, which had just a few rows of exec economy seats.

- Views of Alaska and the snow-covered landscape in the northern latitudes. In those days SQ22 was a morning departure, flown mostly in daylight, so there were great views to be had, unlike the current SQ22 with its late night departure.

- Views of the small exec economy lounge area, where pax could stand and stretch their legs, and grab a few snacks. In his excellent AusBT.com.au review of the latest non-stops on the A350-900ULR, djsflynn highlighted the need for a lounge area for pax to spend a little time away from their seats. The original A345 had this, and it was accessible to exec economy pax.

- A glimpse of some of the excellent cabin crew onboard.

You can view the 1 minute video here.
                            Last edited by yflyer; 14 October 2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                              Here's a short video throwback to the original SQ SIN-EWR nonstops.

I did SQ22 SIN-EWR in 2006, back when the aircraft was an A340-500 and equipped with Spacebed Business Class (2-2-2) and Exec Economy (2-3-2).

Just a one-minute video from a trip back in 2006. This was, of course, years before I started writing TRs, so there aren't pics of seats or the meals...

The video highlights:

- The SQ Airbus A340-500...a very beautiful aircraft...as a bonus there is a glimpse of an SQ 744 as well...

- A glimpse of the exec economy cabin...the aircraft had a small mini exec economy cabin just behind business, and then a large 2nd exec economy cabin. This pic is of the larger 2nd Y cabin, not the cosy 1st cabin, which had just a few rows of exec economy seats.

- Views of Alaska and the snow-covered landscape in the northern latitudes. In those days SQ22 was a morning departure, flown mostly in daylight, so there were great views to be had, unlike the current SQ22 with its late night departure.

- Views of the small exec economy lounge area, where pax could stand and stretch their legs, and grab a few snacks. In his excellent AusBT.com.au review of the latest non-stops on the A350-900ULR, djsflynn highlighted the need for a lounge area for pax to spend a little time away from their seats. The original A345 had this, and it was accessible to exec economy pax.

Wow, the memories! I flew the route in May 2005 in Exec Economy too. The lounge behind was really fun. Possible to spend an hour there, eating and chatting with fellow pax. But I suspect the lounge was there because the A345 couldn't carry so many people?

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                                Here's a short video throwback to the original SQ SIN-EWR nonstops.

The video highlights:

Nice video, and quite a blast from the past! Brings back memories of my flight in Exec Economy from SIN to LAX, also in 2006.

Looks like they had, by then, already removed the "LeaderShip" name which they previously had on the A345.

And yes, I found the lounge/snack area to be very useful multiple times to stretch my legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X