Missed flight compensation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed flight compensation?

Hello, since there are quite a few problems with the trains where I live and we are going to Singapore soon I was wondering what would happen if you missed the flight due to for example train problems? If you leave sufficient time before the flight, will you get compensation or be put on the next flight or would this be an issue for you to resolve on your own?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Hello, since there are quite a few problems with the trains where I live and we are going to Singapore soon I was wondering what would happen if you missed the flight due to for example train problems? If you leave sufficient time before the flight, will you get compensation or be put on the next flight or would this be an issue for you to resolve on your own?
    Technically, this is not SQ problem, so they have no obligation to put you on next flight and they technically can charge you no show (if applicable). But based on my personal experience, SQ typically will try to accommodate if they can, especially when you are late due to major train breakdown.

I am guessing you are flying ARN - SIN. The flight is only 5 days a week and depart 10:25.

How far your place from airport? How major is the train disruption if it is happen? Can you get a train that schedule to arrival airport at 5-6am, youo have at least 2-3 hours allowance for delay? or stay a night at airport hotel?

Also you may need to get a travel insurance.
    visit my blog

Comment

Agree. Get travel insurance the moment you buy the plane tix (as opposed to just before you travel). This will cover you for negative events that may happen between your purchase to the time you travel.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Technically, this is not SQ problem, so they have no obligation to put you on next flight and they technically can charge you no show (if applicable). But based on my personal experience, SQ typically will try to accommodate if they can, especially when you are late due to major train breakdown.

I am guessing you are flying ARN - SIN. The flight is only 5 days a week and depart 10:25.

How far your place from airport? How major is the train disruption if it is happen? Can you get a train that schedule to arrival airport at 5-6am, youo have at least 2-3 hours allowance for delay? or stay a night at airport hotel?

Also you may need to get a travel insurance.
        I see, thanks guys. We are flying from CPH actually, and shouldn't take more than maybe an hour to get to CPH by train. We usually make sure that we are at the airport 2 - 3 hours before our flight.

Since I'm going with my parents (I'm only 16) I suppose they've already got that covered (hopefully) haha, but I'll be sure to ask them about it.
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

I have missed my flight 3 times due to bad traffic. 1 x PEK - SIN, 1 x SIN - ICN and 1 x PEN - SIN. In all 3 instances, they did not make a fuss over it and just put me on the next flight out. As I was on the last flight on SIN - ICN, missing that meant that I had to take the next flight out the next morning. No compensation whatsoever was provided (Not their fault anyway) and I just spent the night in the KF lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
            I have missed my flight 3 times due to bad traffic. 1 x PEK - SIN, 1 x SIN - ICN and 1 x PEN - SIN. In all 3 instances, they did not make a fuss over it and just put me on the next flight out. As I was on the last flight on SIN - ICN, missing that meant that I had to take the next flight out the next morning. No compensation whatsoever was provided (Not their fault anyway) and I just spent the night in the KF lounge.
            Did you have flexible tickets on all 3 occasions?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Did you have flexible tickets on all 3 occasions?
              Nope. Always the most basic one (Business saver as it was called last time). Thing to note is that I am PPS and all 3 tickets were in J. Not sure if it makes any difference.

Comment

It does help to be PPS.

According to my experience the counter staff would need to get approval from the supervisor. The call starts with " There is a QPPS......"

But the card not always helps, sometimes they would still charge No-Show and fare difference, also in J.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                  But the card not always helps, sometimes they would still charge No-Show and fare difference, also in J.
                  I suppose if one is perpetually late and missing flights then they will charge the passenger.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                    It does help to be PPS.
                    I've only had once where I missed the flight not due to SQ's fault. Connecting UA domestic flight was severely delayed and I was new to flying and only checked in for the UA domestic flight to LAX. Got the proof of delay from UA, and went to the SQ counter the next day (only 1 or 2 flights a day from LAX, and it was like 10pm when we arrived at LAX, figured SQ counters were probably closed by then so just proceed to an airport hotel for the night), was put on the next day's flight without too much fuss or required any extra payments. Probably a no status flyer at that time (at most KF Silver). We might have gone from the executive economy (nonstop) to the economy (1 stop in NRT), can't remember the specifics.

No compensation from SQ as it is not their fault. Got some vouchers from UA for the delay though.
                    Last edited by fone; 23 May 2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I suppose if one is perpetually late and missing flights then they will charge the passenger.
                      Obviously not, if i look at you track record.

I guess its depending on the staff and location. By the book the ticket needs to be reissuedand and No-Show fee applies.

Comment

Nope. Always the most basic one (Business saver as it was called last time). Thing to note is that I am PPS and all 3 tickets were in J. Not sure if it makes any difference.
                        As far as I know, even Business Saver, to some extend it is "flexible", still can change.

Anyway, I bought W ticket on BKK-SIN, and missed the flight as the uber driver did not know how to drive to airport. They simply put me on the next flight.
                        visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                        X