Extended Weekend in Kuala Lumpur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Weekend in Kuala Lumpur

This is not much of a trip report.... no saucy tales nor duckie placed at strategic location type of pictures...... just some pictures which I believe will help you make a choice if you have thoughts about a trip to KL from Singapore...

My mode of transport.... well, here is the seat,

And here is the vehicle that brought me to KL.....

Did not take many pictures as I was angry because my assigned seat was not working.... I sat in the meeting room until one pax who wanted to work on his computer came and sat in the same compartment and let me have his seat.

The journey up to KL was 5 hours, okay, this dependent on the traffic condition at the 2nd Link, which was jam free on the Friday morning that I departed Singapore.

I have dinner on the first night in KL at a place call Heritage Row.... which have a magnificant view of the Petronas Tower,

before sunset and lights up....

after sunset...

Rest of the trip was with family members, did some spot of shopping, won some money at a private club on the jackpot machines... no pictures....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Thats a refreshing change in mode of transport for a TR
    And the seats do look really comfy.

How much roughly is a first class ride by coach to KL?

Comment

For my return trip, I was on the APT555, Solitaire First Class service coach....

The seat are of the shell type, ala Skybeds.....

Able to almost lie flat....

with plenty of leg room....

View from my seat.... and as can see, seats are one+one configuration....

Here's the bus...

The bus departed Pasar Rakyat at Jln Imbi, (just off the Golden Triangle of Bukit Bintang), exactly on time at 1500 hours.

Service onboard, included a hot meal with a choice of coffee or tea. even teh tarik... sorry, no hot towels nor champagne, or no alcohol at all. AVOD available, plenty of choice for movies, TV shows and music programs....

Remember not to drink too much as there are no toilets on the bus. The bus captain will make at least two stops for toilet breaks....

Arrived at Singapore Beach Rd station at exactly 2000 hours, 5 hours of travelling and on time arrival, again dependent of traffic condition at both the Malaysian and Singapore immigration.

This mode of travel is definitely more comfortable then driving and of course very much cheaper then flying on Y with either SQ or MH.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
        Thats a refreshing change in mode of transport for a TR
        And the seats do look really comfy.

How much roughly is a first class ride by coach to KL?
        First Class is $60.00 from Singapore to KL, one way and return is $55.00.

I reckon this is a better way of travelling then by flight.

For a flight, you leave home 2.5 hours before departure, plus a 45 minutes flight, off the plane, roughly 30 minutes at Sepang airport and a 25 minutes train to KL Sentra... total travelling time, about 4.5 hours to arrive at destination. For the First Class bus, you pay half the price of a Y return ticket on SQ or MH and travel in comfort.

Comment

Excellent report thank you kapitan -those seats look pretty luxurious for a coach

...but no bathroom

Comment

Working...
          X