Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ICN] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
    Originally posted by quik! View Post
    What happened to the pics?
    You might want to check with your host.
    GT84, the pictures were posted by icn.sg in post #1, not by quik!.

Comment

Just to bring to everyone's attention that the Silver Kris Lounge is now re-open in Concourse A at ICN. Only seen a handful of photos from a Korean forum, but looks to be fairly standard issue. No separate F section (makes sense with only 2x flights with F out of 7 per day). Has showers.

I won't be in ICN for a while but if anyone is headed that way in the meantime, please visit and report Meanwhile, I suggest this thread is moved back into the current lounges thread so that people can add their photos/reports.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Just to bring to everyone's attention that the Silver Kris Lounge is now re-open in Concourse A at ICN. Only seen a handful of photos from a Korean forum, but looks to be fairly standard issue. No separate F section (makes sense with only 2x flights with F out of 7 per day). Has showers.

I won't be in ICN for a while but if anyone is headed that way in the meantime, please visit and report Meanwhile, I suggest this thread is moved back into the current lounges thread so that people can add their photos/reports.
        My SO travelled via ICN yesterday and was still using the OZ lounge. I thought the new SKL would only open on 24 Jan. But never mind, I will be heading that way to on 7/8 Feb and report back.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Just to bring to everyone's attention that the Silver Kris Lounge is now re-open in Concourse A at ICN. Only seen a handful of photos from a Korean forum, but looks to be fairly standard issue. Has showers.
          So none of the glory of the old SKL?

Pity.

But at least there are showers.

Comment

Any links?

Comment

Is there a smoking room in the lounge, there was one previously.......
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I am writing this from the new ICN SKL...waiting for SQ603.

stargold, it is standard issue...very much like the OZ and KE concourse lounges including all the concourse announcements...

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Is there a smoking room in the lounge, there was one previously.......
                kapitan, sorry to be the bearer of bad news...there is no smoking room.

Quick overview then...it has a *G sign outside, so should be open to pax on other *A carriers. As stargold mentioned, it has no separate F section. It is surprisingly roomy and airy compared to the OZ J/*G lounge, with apron views. Two thirds of the lounge are 'open roofed', with the remaining third tucked away and feeling a little more cozy...and closer to the restrooms and showers.

Of everything there seems to be pairs: two unisex showers (sans toilets, spacious and light though), two gents sinks, two gents pissoirs, two gents toilets...a choice of two sandwiches, two buffet mains, two snacks, two WiFi access points...there is a choice of three cheeses and four beers though. No champagne, no cognac...but Bombay Sapphire is available. And lots more drinks to choose from. Chilean red and white wine, Cava, Campari, Bacardi, Absolut, and Chivas. Pepsi, not Coke.

I personally prefer the catering and showers (avec toilets) in the KE lounge...the drink quality and food quality (catered by Hyatt Incheon) are just better. Drink selection is much smaller though.
                Reading material for English speakers is better at the SKL though...
                Makes a case for lounge hopping with PP.

And dang, it's pretty fresh throughout ICN airport today...wish I didn't pack my jacket away in SHE.

Update: just tried the showers...way better than the OZ or KE concourse ones. Makes the SKL my new favorite concourse lounge. Let's hope the catering gets improved a lil. And if the lounge feels cold, head to tucked away part. Much warmer in there.

Update 2: the lounge is located on the KE lounge and transfer desk side...it's a slightly longer walk to the *A transfer desk and gates.
                Last edited by Desert Traveller; 7 February 2013, 10:33 PM. Reason: Showers tested...location...
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  And dang, it's pretty fresh throughout ICN airport today...wish I didn't pack my jacket away in SHE.
                  If you think it's fresh in ICN airport - try Seoul town. I'm there now and it's -13 or -14 or thereabouts :o

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    If you think it's fresh in ICN airport - try Seoul town. I'm there now and it's -13 or -14 or thereabouts :o
                    Like SHE then...-18degC earlier today with a biting wind. Felt like -30degC. Harbin two weekends ago was warmer...hope you're keeping yourself warm.
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                      I am writing this from the new ICN SKL...waiting for SQ603.
                      Thanks for the review. At the great risk of sounding like a total hypocrite.....any pictures ?.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Madame, will you be visiting the SKL on departure ?. If so I would like to repeat the request above.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Madame, will you be visiting the SKL on departure ?. If so I would like to repeat the request above.
                        Sorry am flying on a Oneworld carrier using a skyteam lounge. No SKL access today

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Thanks for the review. At the great risk of sounding like a total hypocrite.....any pictures ?. [...]
                          So sorry, MAN Flyer, I did not take any pictures. I will try on my next trip.

The official press release came out yesterday. SIA Opens SilverKris Lounge In Seoul Unfortunately, no pictures included.
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Pic/Video of SKL ICN

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...nge-in-incheon

There is a write-up and video of SKL ICN in the above BT article.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post

Nice find, thank you!

One small positive addition to my review. There are power outlets at most seats (the ones with the side tables), some even have two.
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post

Very pretty, indeed, with the big windows; something that the lounges in SIN do not have.

Comment

Working...
                                X