Probably a daft question but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a daft question but..

Friend from the UK wants to come out Business class on an SQ flight and is happy for me to book it etc
    They are not fussed about kris flyer miles or points as they fly so infrequently so is there anyway I can get points from booking it or any advantage as I can not think of any. I can use my credit card and get points that way and that's all I can think of as you cant transfer miles to other people.

Any ideas or am I just wishfully thinking?

Originally posted by 225 View Post
    Friend from the UK wants to come out Business class on an SQ flight and is happy for me to book it etc
    They are not fussed about kris flyer miles or points as they fly so infrequently so is there anyway I can get points from booking it or any advantage as I can not think of any. I can use my credit card and get points that way and that's all I can think of as you cant transfer miles to other people.

Any ideas or am I just wishfully thinking?
    But you can put your friend on your list of redemption nominees....and what you do after that is up to you .
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

SQJunkie was on the right track but I think you meant for the friend to add 225 as a redemption nominee rather than the other way around? (Excuse me if I presumed incorrectly.)

My partner signed his Dad up for SQ points for the same sort of reasons as he's Dad is not online etc. Thus, his Dad has said we can log on and use the points if we want to. Haven't done so yet as it somehow feels wrong... feels like we should use any points his Dad gains to upgrade his Dad on any future flights.

On a side point, I found it annoying that booking an SQ flight that orginates outside on Singapore on the SIA Amex card does not attract double miles. Only flights originating from Singapore count. Good luck with getting the extra points though .

Comment

I could only use my points for him though? He could add me I guess but the 16000 he would have wouldn't get me very far these days. I can see why they don't let you pool miles but it is annoying none the less! Maybe they should let husband and wives pool that would be a good incentive if you ask me to stay with KF.

-----JOJO yes that was my take, posted after you but hadnt read your post yet. ta
        Last edited by 225; 19 February 2010, 03:24 PM. Reason: cross posts

Comment

Working...
        X