• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
    Yours truly is a student whom travels as much as possible
    I do the same thing as you but i think its more travelling than studying

Comment

I am an apprentice chef of sorts in a large MNC

Comment

Thanks for replying everyone! Nice reading - realized it is not one sector all you guys/gals are working in.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Be careful what you wish for . When travel is such an integral part of your life through your work rhythm, it can become a challenge maintaining a non-jaded perspective. I still can't explain to my dad why travel isn't as glamorous as he thinks, not even when I describe how my acquaintance with many destinations is mostly confined to the airport, my hotel, and the client's premises.
        Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        Although I have enjoyed my travel do think carefully about it there are some big downfalls. As JJPB3 says quite often on a business trip you will see nothing more than the hotel, airport and office.
        Exactly what I want - I don't intend do go sightseeing on business trips . But yeah, I think I know what you guys mean. My father complains about the same thing .

On any trip there is never enough time to do the work that needs to be done so you end up working long long hours. Plus as you are away a lot it pays havoc with your social life back home.
        That last part is the only part I worry about - therefore, I want to travel for business until the age of about 30-35, then try to travel less and settle down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
          That last part is the only part I worry about - therefore, I want to travel for business until the age of about 30-35, then try to travel less and settle down.
          My dear friend. THAT is exactly when work related travel will increase rather than decrease... haha...

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            My dear friend. THAT is exactly when work related travel will increase rather than decrease... haha...
            , yeah, when I think of it, that does seem logical. Oh well, so much for plans to settle down around that age .

Comment

"IT support" for a UK educational institute.
              No real travel involved, but until the now, the salary was generous, the 27 days annual leave plus 8 stats rather useful and the workload fairly low most of the time.
              If you want a really great deal, become an Academic/Lecturer - 4-6 hours max teaching time per week, the rest of the time, you don't even have to be in the building, 3 months 'off' over summer, 1 month off in winter...£35K plus. With all the free time, you could 'top-up' with lucrative consultancy work or private tuition........
              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Actually I would like to be in the medical profession as well...but guess its too late for me to have a career switch. Or I could be watching too many episodes of House.
                Not too late. You can study medicine as a postgrad course in Singapore now. I know a few people who took the switch. Very tough - but possible.

This is a very stable, almost recession proof career. But medical practice is nothing like House. Haha....

Comment

post deleted
                  Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

I'm heading a maritime classification and certification unit, part of a multi-national non-profit organization.

Comment

I'm an ex lawyer who now works in the City as an investment banker - please don't throw the virtual pies at me all at once!

My SQ travelling is all for pleasure :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I am an apprentice chef of sorts in a large MNC
                        post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I'm digging someone's mouth for living....

Comment

i work in a statutory board. travel abt 3 - 4 times a year and typically fly Y unless i'm in consultant/trainer capacity when i'll fly C; at times when i'm particularly tired or flight is really long, i'll self-top up to C too

Comment

puppy caretaker... it's a full-time job.

Comment

I am a retiree who has a full time job managing a shipping business. Liked many here, I am in the maritime business.

Comment

Working...
                                X