World Cup...Have your habits changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I have to say I haven't enjoyed this one so far. Regardless of how England are doing I always enjoy watching other games and as a rule they have been poor. I know that is down to a number of things like how well organised the 'smaller' teams are these days and how they just sit back and defend, altitude and what players and coaches alike have declared is the worst ball they have ever come across. I wonder how the idiots who designed it are feeling now. Why they have to 'redesign' a football in the first place god only knows. It should be round, made of leather and full of air. Leave the bloody thing alone.

The atmosphere at games has definitely been ruined by those bloody vuvzelas. While the sound of them doesn't bother me as much as it does others, it's killed the crowd atmosphere and the singing, which are an integral part of the match experience. On the rare occassions the vuvuzelas go quiet, there is no crowd noise like there normally is. A mate of mine who is there and has been to a couple of games said exactly that, they have spoiled the normal world cup match atmosphere.

I have heard a UK supermarket has already sold 50,000 vuvezelas. Good luck to anyone blowing one next to me next year at a football match in England...
    I heard over the radio that the English FA (or was it the league?) ordered the new balls but for some yet to explain reasons the balls never arrived.

I think one possible reason behind the poor games we seen in the world cup matches is that the players particularly based in Europe are playing too many matches. Top players are involved in the premier league, carling cup, FA Cup, championship league, world cup qualifiers etc..That could add up to 60 games at high level?

Money helps the game...Too much money spoils the game. Anyway, I disliked the vuvezelas.

Comment

Well I don't know where to start with that sh*t from last night. We were beyond inept. We tried as hard as we could, but none of us could recall a perfromance as bad as that from an England side.

Something is very clearly amiss in that camp. Rooney has just completely gone and Lampard clearly has a double as that is not the same fella I saw playing for Chelsea last season. We never do things the easy way in finals, and probably never will, and if we beat Slovenia we go through. But they wouldn't beat our local pub team if they play like that again.

Capello said it is not the team he recognises from the qualifyers. You and 50 million others Fabio......

Depressed.

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      I heard over the radio that the English FA (or was it the league?) ordered the new balls but for some yet to explain reasons the balls never arrived.
      The balls never arrived because Nike - who the English FA have a ball sponsorship deal with - blocked their use in the Premier League and by England as this Jamiroquai ball is made by Addidas. Nice to see money taking priority over England World Cup preparation, as usual....

Comment

Well I don't know where to start with that sh*t from last night. We were beyond inept. We tried as hard as we could, but none of us could recall a perfromance as bad as that from an England side.

Something is very clearly amiss in that camp. Rooney has just completely gone and Lampard clearly has a double as that is not the same fella I saw playing for Chelsea last season. We never do things the easy way in finals, and probably never will, and if we beat Slovenia we go through. But they wouldn't beat our local pub team if they play like that again.
        It was painful and embarrassing to witness. At first I couldn't pick which beggared belief more: the pathetic performance, or Rooney's comments to the camera. But I guess the complete collapse of footballing skills in the entire squad has to get my vote.

I loved what the Kiwis accomplished this weekend.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think it has been a good world cup so far with a lot of surprise results and most of the groups going to the final matches before everything is decided.

The vuvzelas are really annoying but I do agree with Sepp Blatter that it would be wrong to ban them, if the world cup is played in England and they said no chanting we would be outraged. However I hope that they do not spread.

I can't even begin to say what a disappointment England have been. The only saving grace has been that France are in an even worse position. And anyway a good win against Slovinia and it will all be forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I can't even begin to say what a disappointment England have been. The only saving grace has been that France are in an even worse position. And anyway a good win against Slovinia and it will all be forgotten
            I dread to think what will happen this afternoon. I am finishing early to watch it but don't even fancy going to the pub. If I'm going to be miserable I'd be better off at home, although my mate reckons we may as well all be miserable in the pub together.

Comment

Here's something that will cheer you up MAN Flyer

...or make you want to end it all!

Comment

I dread to think what will happen this afternoon. I am finishing early to watch it but don't even fancy going to the pub. If I'm going to be miserable I'd be better off at home, although my mate reckons we may as well all be miserable in the pub together.
                Cheer up mate. I am certain England will do well. The team tends to do well when the back is next to the wall. Remembered what has happened in a previous world cup with a poor start but ended up in a pretty respectable result.

On the hand, with the eye-popping wages they are paying to many footballers these days, it makes it wonder why the fans will have to put up with their antics off the field and poor performances on the field. For the footballers, they can still cry in Ferraris or mansion or on the shoulder of a beautful wag. For the fans liked me, I don't have any of these perks to cheer me up. I gave up being a strong supporter of any team.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post

Ye Gods! nickbot! LOL

Comment

nickbot, you evil genius.

The comments on the beeb's website in the run-up to the game are quite telling ... and amusing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...tches/match_37

Now about that battle-cry:

Comment

So what is this, I can't access the site as it has been blocked by the Myanmar Government, they are obviously not fans of the vuvuzella either.

Comment

So what is this, I can't access the site as it has been blocked by the Myanmar Government, they are obviously not fans of the vuvuzella either.
                        You're not missing much Lobster - probably a smart move on the part of the Myanmar Government!

Comment

They are doing it for your own good (for real, this time)

Comment

Well done, England.

Well done, USA.

MAN Flyer, how hoarse are you?

Comment

that was so brilliant Nickbot... i kept looking at the other windows that were on my page thinking it was a youtube clip or something. absolutely hysterical... god, those things are annoying. congrats to both US and England advancing!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                Well done, England.

Well done, USA.

MAN Flyer, how hoarse are you?
                                MAN Flyer, England has played better. Now the time to turn to Germany.

I personally think England will outperform the Germans.

Comment

Working...
                                X