Global financial distress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    I predict it will go to 1.38 USD by the end of Jan. I hope I am wrong.
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    The above now seem like the good old days in their own right.

Today 1 GBP = 2.07 SGD , and 1.38 USD...
    There is little joy in saying I told you so

I think it will stabilise around 1.60 USD in Q2.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      This got me thinking about how Savage25's FFP's always tank when he joins the program...since he is now out of the USD, does this mean the Americans are in for a nice uptick?
      Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      I think we have to ship Savage25 back to the States or Singapore. I get paid in £ and I am a very unhappy bunny at the moment.
      Confirmed: The Savage25 Effect!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Please keep him there! SGD is doing not badly at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Please keep him there! SGD is doing not badly at the moment!
          At the moment but i have a feeling it has to devalue itself in the not to distant future just to keep Singapore competitive.

Comment

damned.... juz announced from mgtment... all business class travel to be suspended unless emergency.... all flight to be in Y until further notice.

haizzz... looks like I have to re-schedule my plans for long haul.....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              At the moment but i have a feeling it has to devalue itself in the not to distant future just to keep Singapore competitive.
              In 2007 (June) 1 SGD = 0.70 CAD which was awesome (on my end)...last year (May 2008) I SGD = 0.75 CAD...yesterday's mid-market rate via xe.com was 1 SGD = 0.80 CAD...for my sake I hope it falls back down to the 2007 rate (but thats on my end)..

But now I now how the US felt in regards to the Canadian dollar back in November 2007...when for the first time since the 1960s-1970s the CAD was worth more the USD...it peaked at 1 CAD = 1.10 USD.
              I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Madoff - article on VF

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...4/madoff200904

One of the best articles I've read lately...

Comment

Our travel spend for April was just released. Travel expenses down 60% from October 2008, with Hotel spend down 80%. And we're one of BA's biggest corporate customers - no wonder they're hurting.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  There is little joy in saying I told you so

I think it will stabilise around 1.60 USD in Q2.
                  Sometimes I scare myself. The pound is at 1.5925 USD today, inching towards the 1.60 mark.

Comment

Get the holidays brochures out again...

...the Pound has crashed back over 1.70 US Dollars.

I can only presume Savage25 is out of the country at this moment.

The pound has continued to gain against the dollar, rising above $1.70 for the first time since October on optimism about the UK economy.

Sterling forged higher on Monday in the wake of strong UK manufacturing data and hopes about the health of the banking sector.

The pound rose as high as $1.7005 on Tuesday before falling back to $1.6930.

It also hovered near a one-month high against the euro of 84.59 pence that it reached on Monday.

The pound got a lift on Monday after data showed the UK manufacturing sector expanded for the first time in more than a year.

Robust results from banking giants Barclays and HSBC also increased confidence in the currency.

The UK economy is viewed as being particularly reliant on the banking sector so evidence of any upturn benefits sterling.

Analysts at French investment firm Calyon said that there was "growing optimism that the UK economy will be able to shake off the shackles of recession faster than many had thought".

While still a long way below the $2 levels seen in July last year, the pound has rebounded 25% from the 23-year low of $1.35 it hit in January this year.
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8183144.stm

Comment

Savage25, you must communicate us your position on the globe in advance!!!
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I don't know how he does it, but the SGD ain't too hot at the moment... must be his evil twin!

Comment

Bugger! Should have bought more when i thought about it....... so, now didn't buy enough if the trend is up, up and away

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            up, up and away
                            you called me?
                            sorry, couldn't resist
                            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

I can only presume Savage25 is out of the country at this moment.
                              I presume he's back in the UK, it's down to 1.65 again...

Comment

Working...
                              X