No announcement yet.

Manbags and luggage tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses! I ended up in the Ferragamo shop today and they were offering 50% off the (few) bags they still had in stock so...

Comment

Very noice!! Kudos to being a fellow owner of a Ferragamo messenger bag.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase, jhm.

I can't judge from the pic, but can it fit all the stuff you listed in post #1? I find I need pajamas etc. in my other larger carryon luggage until I'm ready to change. Otherwise the manbag becomes too large for me to carry when I roam around in a city during the day.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          I can't judge from the pic, but can it fit all the stuff you listed in post #1? I find I need pajamas etc. in my other larger carryon luggage until I'm ready to change. Otherwise the manbag becomes too large for me to carry when I roam around in a city during the day.
          You're right that it is quite small. The main open compartment will fit pyjamas, some reading material and an amenity kit but that's basically about it. I'm thinking of using it at the airport and on a plane only rather than walk around town.

Unlike the one which taipeiFlyer posted the first link to, the zippered pocket isn't big enough to hold a paper ticket/BP without folding the stub. It would also have problems with those countries which have massive landing immigration cards.

In any event, the proof of the pudding is in the eating so I guess I'll see what goes on my next few flights. I'm slowly coming round to the realisation (reached by some of you a long long time ago ) that one can never have too many bags of all sizes!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            You're right that it is quite small. The main open compartment will fit pyjamas, some reading material and an amenity kit but that's basically about it. I'm thinking of using it at the airport and on a plane only rather than walk around town.
            I personally think manbags are one of the ways a man can make a confident fashion statement, so you might be missing out on an additional use for your bag (I'm referring specifically to the one you just bought).
            Originally posted by jhm View Post
            In any event, the proof of the pudding is in the eating so I guess I'll see what goes on my next few flights. I'm slowly coming round to the realisation (reached by some of you a long long time ago ) that one can never have too many bags of all sizes!
            Welcome to our world. Much as your frequent travel knowledge has surpassed mine, I'm sure your bag knowledge will soon be quite comprehensive.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 7 January 2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Fashion ? What's that ?

OK, OK, understood!

Comment

Much as your frequent travel knowledged has surpassed mine, I'm sure your bag knowledge will soon be quite comprehensive.
                You're being far too kind (as usual)! The TOF SQ FAQ and the advice of yourself and the others around here is always my first port of call.

Comment

Because of this thread, I went out and bought one on Sat. And I blame you all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    jjpb3's Prada is too small for jhm's stuff. As mentioned in the first post, the bag should be able to hold PJs amenity kits etc.
                    That particular one, yes. Not true for another one in my possession. (A couple of others too, if you're OK with other brands. )
                    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Because of this thread, I went out and bought one on Sat. And I blame you all for it.
                    Congratulations on your new purchase.
                    Last edited by jjpb3; 7 January 2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Great! It will be handy for your next trip to South America.

Comment

jhm has always had a decent size canvas Eastpak messenger bag (one of my bags actually!) which broke apart last year. Messenger bags have been around for years. I have owned one for at least 12 years. Yes, I know. Eastpak isn't exactly a fashion statement.

Anyway, for vanity purposes, I'd say I prefer the Zegna collection.

Comment

Congratulations on your new purchase.
                          Thank You!
                          Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Great! It will be handy for your next trip to South America.
                          For sure. Missus was not too pleased that I didn't buy it earlier and bring it for our Korea trip last month

Comment

Congrats to you too Sir.
                            I gotta warn ya... bag shopping is addictive.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

LV, Tumi, they all make many different designs of them. When I am on 'holiday' trip I like to take them, but when I'm on business trip I prefer to have the laptop bag on top of the cabin bag since it's quicker to take out laptops etc.

Comment

Lordy, I'm going to feel very self-conscious among you fashionistas at the next Do. Kindly ignore my quaint choices for accessories when I show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X