Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the 77E, the all time favorites of 11H/K (and A/C) seem to be taken up for my flight...

And so have all the aisle seats. Thus I only have a choice of 16A or 15A.

I've never been on the Spacebeds before so I'm wondering if it is easy to get past your neighbour (unlike Y where the aisle pax have to get up so the window pax can leave/enter)

Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyKL View Post
      For the 77E, the all time favorites of 11H/K (and A/C) seem to be taken up for my flight...

I've never been on the Spacebeds before so I'm wondering if it is easy to get past your neighbour (unlike Y where the aisle pax have to get up so the window pax can leave/enter)

Thanks!!

In a non bulkhead seat - some gymnastics required to climb over

Comment

• Originally posted by chris5252 View Post
        I need some Y seating advice on the 77W and the refitted 773.

I have 31K reserved on the 77W. I was wondering if the exit door is like the second picture in this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=10

...or if it is like the second picture in this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...05&postcount=6

Because the obstruction caused by the exit door in the first photo looks greater than the obstruction in the second photo. Correct me if im wrong, but they both appear to be 77W's.

Also for the 773 Refitted I have 43G reserved. Unfortunately all the bulkhead seat?

Thanks,

Chris
        Row 31 is like the former (correction sorry)

Comment

• Originally posted by flyKL View Post
          For the 77E, the all time favorites of 11H/K (and A/C) seem to be taken up for my flight...

Thanks!!
          A little googling will find you this pic, which gives you a pretty good idea of how hard/easy it is to climb out.

http://skyline2527.files.wordpress.c...2/iwt_7263.jpg

Comment

• Hmm, now only the two window seats of row 16 are available.

Assuming JCL is not full, and not all pax do OLCI, is it safe to hope that row 16 gets filled up last? Eg the check-in agents assign the front seats first.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Row 31 is like the former (correction sorry)
              Ok, so 31K would have a larger door whilst the exit door on 44K would be flatter and less obtrusive to the leg room?

Im trying to decide between 31K and 44K (both still available).

Comment

• 16B was empty, as with two other row 16 seats.

Is it safe to say that this row fills up last on the 77E?

Comment

• 16B will always be empty 16C is IMHO too close to the toilet and often this seats is used as a hand hold..

On the long-hauls, 16HK is often reserved as tech crew rest

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    16B will always be empty 16C is IMHO too close to the toilet and often this seats is used as a hand hold..

On the long-hauls, 16HK is often reserved as tech crew rest
                    Whoops, too used to whY where there are -B seats..

But will 16C/16H be among last to be filled (or last to be chosen) seeing that it's proximity to the toilet is a put off?

Comment

• on the A380 upper deck, which preferred seats do you guys prefer? row 71 or 81? cant decide between the 2!

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                        on the A380 upper deck, which preferred seats do you guys prefer? row 71 or 81? cant decide between the 2!
                        I've had a very comfortable flight sitting in 81A - no window, but plenty of legroom

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                          I've had a very comfortable flight sitting in 81A - no window, but plenty of legroom
                          cool, thanks. im on that seat for SIN-JFK. ive heard things like people tend to congregate in that area and lack of storage space. is it a big problem? regardless, i still feel USD50 for SIN-JFK is a good deal.

am thinking of paying another USD50 for JFK-FRA-SIN...should i stick with 81 or try out 71?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                            cool, thanks. im on that seat for SIN-JFK. ive heard things like people tend to congregate in that area and lack of storage space. is it a big problem? regardless, i still feel USD50 for SIN-JFK is a good deal.

am thinking of paying another USD50 for JFK-FRA-SIN...should i stick with 81 or try out 71?
                            Yes, lots of leg room and freedom of movement. The only issue I have are these: a) you can't watch telly during take-off and landing, b) there is no pockets in front of you to keep small things away like your glasses or iPod/iPad, c) you can't place a small bag under the seat in front of you, if you want certain things within reach. If you take the window seat, however, you should have the storage bin by the window for most stuff and you can easily put the bigger stuff in the overhead bins.

I would recommend trying both 71 and 81. I don't think anyone will really congregate at the space in front of 81. It isn't alot of space for more than one or two to stand around. Just bring a pair of ear plugs in case you have an issue with the noise. The JFK-FRA leg is at night so most will sleep after dinner ... unless you're travelling with a group of hyper-active young people.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              you can't watch telly during take-off and landing,
                              but you can chat up the sq dolly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                                but you can chat up the sq dolly.
                                ONLY if you're travelling alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X