• Show
Clear All

• SQ girls vs MH girls

Which do you prefer?

The iconic Singapore Girl?
    http://www.travel-uk.co.uk/travel_uk/singapore_girl.jpg

Or the lovely Malaysia Airlines' FAs?
    http://www.airlinemeals.net/images/m...irlines088.jpg

Feel free to give reasons to support your choice. There's no right or wrong as this is a very subjective topic. So if you are offended or unhappy with any of the comments, please express in a polite manner. Cheers.
    Last edited by nykelaz; 29 August 2007, 12:38 PM.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Let me start the ball rolling, I would prefer SQ girls as they seemed to be more consistant in their service standard. The girls are also better groomed than MH girls IMHO.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

This is a no-brainer. However, I have not taken MH since I was 10, so the above's probably not a fair comment.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I can't judge as I only flew MH once and that was ten years ago.

That got me thinking, what makes one choose to work for SQ instead of MH, or vice versa? The bulk of SQ girls are form Malaysia, the same pool of candidates as MH.

Comment

im sorry but i think MH girls are a cheap imitation of the SQ girl.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
            im sorry but i think MH girls are a cheap imitation of the SQ girl.
            To be fair, MH and SQ used to be the same company, MSA. One can argue that MH is the original while SQ is the derivative. Granted that the derivative may be better than the original.
            Last edited by TerryK; 28 August 2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Back when MH was flying out of SFO, their FA's helped me land other carriers' crews as clients of my tour company. I still have a soft spot for them. That said, SQ grooms the girls (whether from Singapore or Malaysia) much better...
              HUGE AL

Comment

I like the way SQ enforces all their FAs to have black or dark brown hair. Very professional looking. Unlike MH, which allows their FAs to have bronze tinted hair.

By the way, in resonse to TerryK, many Malaysians choose to work for SQ rather than MH is because of the pay. MH seriously underpay their staff (including pilots, ground agents etc.). On the other hand, many SQ girls left SQ for other airlines (Emirates, Qatar, Traitor Air etc.) for their pay too. You know, the grass is always greener on their other side.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                  ..... MH seriously underpay their staff (including pilots, ground agents etc.). On the other hand, many SQ girls left SQ for other airlines (Emirates, Qatar, Traitor Air etc.) for their pay too.....
                  You mean MH pays less than SQ, while SQ pays less than CX/EK/QR? Surprising, to me. Wait, does that imply many MH girls were SQ girls wannabes who didn't get accepted?

Comment

Do any of you actually fly MH regularly enough? Not a put down - just a serious question. It's one thing to be a fan of SQ's, it's another to be a SQ'ophile-whose-favourite-airline-cannae-do-no-wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      To be fair, MH and SQ used to be the same company, MSA. One can argue that MH is the original while SQ is the derivative. Granted that the derivative may be better than the original.
                      Yes, I agree. During the split up, MH chose to concentrate on regional routes and gave up all their international routes, jet planes, and uniforms to SQ. I think till now, it is still inarguably one of the worst decision made in aviation. Should MH hold on the their routes and uniform, SQ won't be what they are now.

Comment

You mean MH pays less than SQ, while SQ pays less than CX/EK/QR? Surprising, to me.
                        Well, at least that's what I hear from my SQ friends. However, many also left for other airlines as SQ is too strict and demanding towards their FAs. I personally witness a FA being reprimanded by the IFS, for having a slightly chestnut coloured hair, once on landside. He threatened to report up to the HQ for such inappropriate behaviour. And, mind you, it's those stern reprimand like how a mother would do to her child.

Wait, does that imply many MH girls were SQ girls wannabes who didn't get accepted?
                        Well, I wouldn't bet on that!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Do any of you actually fly MH regularly enough? Not a put down - just a serious question. It's one thing to be a fan of SQ's, it's another to be a SQ'ophile-whose-favourite-airline-cannae-do-no-wrong.
                          Come to speak of it, at least MH won the Best Cabin Staff award sometime back from Skytrax. I remember reading some negative comments about SQ girls being robotic in service at their website too.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Exactly.

Comment

Last time I flew them was 6 or so years ago... never had any reason to complain about the cabin crew (nor about anything else onboard the airline). If I had to choose between SQ and MH, I would still take SQ for its awsome hub
                              But the MH cabin crew is said to have a good hand with kids (and definitely was with me at the time, awsome amneties for Y-Class!).
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X