No announcement yet.

What Cars Do You Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, does a bike with broken breaks count? It certainly is faster than some cars downhill
    Otherwise I'm still practising for my driver's license on an Audi A4 and on a BMW 530D (nice car, just breaks down a little toooo often )
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

This is my usual ride:

Just Kidding! only had L's for 5 months so not going anywhere in a car fast, I do utilise my bike a lot though

Comment

Stunning car,....one of my first purchases if I ever win the lottery

Actually, make that the SECOND purchase,....I reckon a RTW on as much SQ F as possible to meet SQTalkers around the world would be my first!

Comment

great car that

but nickbot i suggest ** third purchase is a second car

the 2008 m3 - one world. gorgeous lol or u could give it to mrs nickbot

Comment

I've got my shopping list set out already, the DB9 and then the Boxster for weekends!

Comment

Yeah, Porsche beats any BMW offering in my book (sorry token!, I have my flameproof jacket on lol), however saying this I've never received good service at Porsche garages - a few year back I had the cash to put into a very nice set of wheels and was going to opt for the Boxster, but salespeople couldn't be les interested. This was cash cash too, no finance etc., they just couldn't be bothered.

I know it's the entry level Porsche, but a sale is a sale. I walked out and bought an audi TT the next day, which I was very happy with,...then saw the light, sold it and put the money towards a house deposit, so now we have a nice house and reasonably sensible cars

Comment

Holden VY Berlina

Comment

I agree with Nickbot that any Porsche could beat a Bimmer offering. But just like IandeYoung, i too am too young to drive. But my parents cars, like several other SQ talkers, are mostly Audis:

Cleveland:
                  2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro
                  2001 Audi A6 2.7T with a throttle body readjustment-bumped up the HP by 90 with a simple USD$500 tweak!
                  2002 Mini Cooper with upgraded factory rims, window tint, stripes, and PIA rally lights-my older brothers

But for A6 2.7 we're looking into trading it in for a TT coupe 3.2 quattro, an S5 when it comes to the US this fall, or a Boxster.

Singapore:
                  My family takes the good ole' MRT and comfort taxis or hop on the bandwagon with one of my uncles who has a new Honda Odyssey.
                  Last edited by sqforever; 27 July 2007, 12:51 AM.
                  Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

I think Audi is... well, just a little bit boring. I mean, good quality car- but way to handsome...
                    And now let's see you explode
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

up and away with you up and away! lol
                      Well design wise, the older Audis weren't that inspiring when it comes to the exterior but lately the designs have been real nice and the interiors have always been great. I think bimmers are overrated-very cheap. My dad completely blew away a new 535i at a stop light with his biturbo A6. And when winter comes, we just drive by and watch BMWs get themselves stuck in the snow. There was even an instace where helped push a 330xi out of the snow on a ski trip which our quattro Audi could have easily got out of. Quattro trumps XDrive or RWD for that matter anyday! And don't even get me started on IDrive!!!
                      Last edited by sqforever; 27 July 2007, 03:55 AM.
                      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

my opinion might not be considered objective, but i too prefer porsche to bmw. that being said, if someone is offering either to me as a gift, i certainly won't discriminate! as for audis, their interiors have been setting the benchmark for other german brands. and my god-father has an A8L which drives like its on glass- so smooth, and plenty of punch when needed.

Comment

yeh yeh i agree that that all porches beat the BMW (not too sure bout the v6 cayman though hehe luv the other ones though),

however in my huuuumble opinion BMW is far superior than audi particuarly in the debate between the A6 - i just simply find Audi cars boring.

Now look this could mean im young or something but seeing the new BMW 3 coupe / 2008 m3 pull up next to a A6 i certainly now where i would spend my monoply money.

there is no way that the audi's SUV beats beemer's X5 - its the most popular in its category hands down.

And say i had a few more bundles of the 500 dollar notes due to passing GO a few more times then
                          anyone for the new ferrari f430 or perhaps the Bugatti veyron (it has two v8s combined lol with 1000hp)

now for all u people who like to sit in the back instead of the driving seat , whats the one for u is it the maybach, s600, 760i, the rolls , the a8, or other

btw sqforever how new was the 535i, because as far as i know bmw ere has a 525,530 ,530d, 540, 550, and m5
                          Last edited by token01; 27 July 2007, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                            I think Audi is... well, just a little bit boring.
                            Originally posted by token01 View Post
                            i just simply find Audi cars boring
                            There's 1 non-boring Audi............RS4! Friend has one and its MIGHTY!

Comment

stifffles yawwwwn (heeh jv) nah im sure its good drive

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
                                yeh yeh i agree that that all porches beat the BMW (not too sure bout the v6 cayman though hehe luv the other ones though),

however in my huuuumble opinion BMW is far superior than audi particuarly in the debate between the A6 - i just simply find Audi cars boring.

Now look this could mean im young or something but seeing the new BMW 3 coupe / 2008 m3 pull up next to a A6 i certainly now where i would spend my monoply money.

there is no way that the audi's SUV beats beemer's X5 - its the most popular in its category hands down.

And say i had a few more bundles of the 500 dollar notes due to passing GO a few more times then
                                anyone for the new ferrari f430 or perhaps the Bugatti veyron (it has two v8s combined lol with 1000hp)

now for all u people who like to sit in the back instead of the driving seat , whats the one for u is it the maybach, s600, 760i, the rolls , the a8, or other

btw sqforever how new was the 535i, because as far as i know bmw ere has a 525,530 ,530d, 540, 550, and m5
                                1. i too am quite young-younger than you! lol

2.the 5-series competes with the A6 not the 3-series-that would be the A4 which is going to be redesigned very soon

3.My family also likes cars because of performance and not just cushiony luxurious stuff. But in that category i would definitely pick the A8 (which yes, does perform and handle better than the big 7) or the S-class.

4. i don't compare cars with 0-60 times and stuff like that the way other people my age do. I take into account the total package and such. I mean, I've heard people say stuff like "That Audi S6 is so sloooow! It goes zero to 60 in 5 seconds when that_____ gets to that speed in 3 seconds!" Well think about it, 5 seconds is plenty and crazy fast, it all just depends on what your perspective is.

5. For that comment about the 535i, in the US BMW is now selling the 5-series in a 3.5 liter variant. And IDrive is a pain! Even with the newer version! Its too confusing to navigate while driving and this is coming from my dad whos test driven several BMWs and from several friends of his who regretted that they bought it. MMI is much more intuitive.

6. We've looked at the Q7 and the new X5. The new X5 just reeks of cheap material inside and it costs more. Why pay USD $75K for a car that feels like a Camry when you can have the Q7 with quality engineering for 10K less? And i've seen reviews one youtube comparing the Q7 with BMW's SUV and guess who won, AUDI! BMW just doesn't have that German soul they use too.
                                Last edited by sqforever; 27 July 2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X