Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schumacher to REALLY make sensational comeback :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk about tickets are good. The first year, they didn't really benefit the avid photographer as you could only walk by the fencing. Last year, they added more standing only-stands on some sections so you could at least stand higher (although still looking through the fence). That was still good fun!

I still the think the best shots you'll get are going to be from the grandstands for an unrestricted view...I was in one the first year and got a lot of great shots even with only a 200mm with a 1.4x extender on my 5D. Mark Webber (congrats to him winning yesterday) crashed underneath me and I snapped several of him:

you can see the slideshow of the album here if you want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hafid/s...33557309/show/
    blog

Comment

I presume you're asking about the Turkish GP.
      If I were going to attend, I would buy the seats at Silver Grandstand 8. A number of overtaking from previous GPs occur at the end of the back-straight at turn 12. This grandstand allows you to see turns 12-14.
      The GA tickets there only confine you to small areas unlike Singapore. And GA gives you turn 8 which is basically a 280kmh corner so you'll see only cars zooming past.
      My take is always go to the stands that gives you the most coverage of the track and also where speeds are lower.

http://www.istanbulparkcircuit.com/e...1-Circuit-Map/

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
        I still the think the best shots you'll get are going to be from the grandstands for an unrestricted view...I was in one the first year and got a lot of great shots even with only a 200mm with a 1.4x extender on my 5D.
        Thanks for your advice, haf. Grandstands for the SIN GP if I'm there, would keep that in mind.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        I presume you're asking about the Turkish GP.
        If I were going to attend, I would buy the seats at Silver Grandstand 8. A number of overtaking from previous GPs occur at the end of the back-straight at turn 12. This grandstand allows you to see turns 12-14.
        The GA tickets there only confine you to small areas unlike Singapore. And GA gives you turn 8 which is basically a 280kmh corner so you'll see only cars zooming past.
        My take is always go to the stands that gives you the most coverage of the track and also where speeds are lower.

http://www.istanbulparkcircuit.com/e...1-Circuit-Map/
        Thanks, 9V-JKL. Was referring to the Turkish GP. I did look at the Istanbul circuit map before I posted but was too stupid to realise that info on speeds could be obtained by hovering the cursor over the spots.

You've answered all my unposted queries. I was concerned about coverage and speeds. I've just taken a look at some pictures of the IST track and it is really not scenic at all. I think I'd skip the GP in IST for now. There's a lot more interesting touristy stuff to do in IST.

I also don't think a GP would be suitable for a first timer at 'action' photography. There are many small scale races with slower cars for me to practice in the UK before I tackle the big boys eventually.

BTW, how do you know that the general admission ticket gets one into the area around turn 8 only? It says open field on the ticket description but I can't find any info from the circuit map. Many thanks!
        Last edited by phaleesy; 19 May 2010, 03:51 AM. Reason: added question

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          BTW, how do you know that the general admission ticket gets one into the area around turn 8 only? It says open field on the ticket description but I can't find any info from the circuit map. Many thanks!
          I should have been clearer on my post. Its not only turn 8, I wanted to say that its not really worth while to save some money for GA tickets and wanted to give you an example why.

http://www.biletix.com/f1/index.htm?locale=en#

Click on the GREEN parts. Those are OPEN FIELD areaz

But then again, usually the most hard-core F1 fans can be found the in GA areas

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            But then again, usually the most hard-core F1 fans can be found the in GA areas
            Sorry for the stupid question... why would hard core fans want to stay in the GA areas?

Thanks in advance for answering all my silly questions.

Comment

Working...
            X