• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 Y Class First Row

- deleted -
    Last edited by EWR; 27 May 2016, 11:06 AM. Reason: Wrong post - pls delete

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Not surprising at all. It was expected because when they said F was not going to be sold on this route we had enough assumptions that the A359 will be taking over given that it does not have F at all. Probably explains why they stopped refits of the 77Ws. It sounds to me the A359 aircraft are replacing mostly the 777-200 which don't even have First Class. Hope the next on the list will be FCO or CPH which are both served by the 772. The 77WR routes that have 4 F should stay 77WR if there is sufficiently enough F demand (e.g. SFO/ICN, FRA, AKL, DXB). BCN/GRU and MXP could benefit from a 77WR.
      Really? Cause what I thought from the beginning was that the few flights to Europe that still have the 777-200 will most likely get the newer planes because of the longer flight time. Also, could it be more likely that let's say CPH will get the newer 777s instead of the A350s just temporarily before some more A350s arrive?
      Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
        Really? Cause what I thought from the beginning was that the few flights to Europe that still have the 777-200 will most likely get the newer planes because of the longer flight time. Also, could it be more likely that let's say CPH will get the newer 777s instead of the A350s just temporarily before some more A350s arrive?
        You're right, that was indeed the plan. CPH was even rumoured to be the launch route at one stage as part of going daily with a stronger SAS codesharing agreement. JNB/CPT was then announced to be getting the 77W with a closed F cabin. Suddenly that all changed a few days ago with this announcement and it now looks like CPH will be stuck with the old 772 until at least the end of the year.

Comment

• SMC is currently taxing at Toulouse. The French test registration has been removed and replaced with 9V-SMC.

Maybe it's getting ready for the delivery flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            SMC is currently taxing at Toulouse. The French test registration has been removed and replaced with 9V-SMC.

Maybe it's getting ready for the delivery flight?
            9V-SMC is scheduled to depart on its delivery flight later today. Arrival in Singapore will be tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
              9V-SMC is scheduled to depart on its delivery flight later today. Arrival in Singapore will be tomorrow morning.
              Do we have an idea yet of how far away SMD and SME might be?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                Do we have an idea yet of how far away SMD and SME might be?
                9V-SMD is currently awaiting its first flight and is scheduled for its TAC on 23 June. She will be delivered in the last week of June.

9V-SME has been undergoing cabin fitting since the beginning of May. Given that this takes about 2 months to complete, she will be rolled out in early July. Delivery should take place before the end of August.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  9V-SMD is currently awaiting its first flight and is scheduled for its TAC on 23 June. She will be delivered in the last week of June.

9V-SME has been undergoing cabin fitting since the beginning of May. Given that this takes about 2 months to complete, she will be rolled out in early July. Delivery should take place before the end of August.
                  Thanks for that!

SMD is a good 3 weeks clear of the commencement of DUS flights then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                    I can't see all the hype about this aircraft. Having just stepped off SQ323 I would say the A359 is a win for the operator and a loss for passengers. [...] For passengers,We pay the same amount of money for lesser real estate on this aircraft. I can't find a real 'Wow' sensation on this aircraft. It has abnormally silly large sliding overhead bins that u can touch simply by raising your arm (your head room has shrunk!) the aisle has become more narrow,(Say Hello to your mate!) the seat width and pitch has shrunk and there is even a chubby hole on Bulkhead 19A&19K! It's a reflection of how the short the pitch has shrunk! The aircraft is not as quiet as I expect it to be,and operation of the landing gears are really loud! *oh did I mention how small the washrooms have become? At least for J.. Have a nice surprise everyone!*

The FS on my aisle made a comment that the free space for EY passengers has virtually disappeared. There are only small pockets of free space left if you like to stretch your limbs. So good move Mr Goh,expect more from your bottom line when more 359s hit us poor folks!
                    It will only get worse once SQ gets the B787-10s and configure them 3-3-3 — just like TZ on its B787s. That'll be no different from the 3-4-3 on KLM's 77Ws then.

By that time, I think you'd probably want to take the A359s over the B787s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
                      It will only get worse once SQ gets the B787-10s and configure them 3-3-3 — just like TZ on its B787s. That'll be no different from the 3-4-3 on KLM's 77Ws then.

Against all odds, I'm hoping that SQ goes 8-abreast like JAL still does on their 787s.

Comment

• I could imagine SQ doing it if the 787s were going to operate on long-haul routes. But SQ's choice of the 787-10 indicates that it's meant to be a regional aircraft. So I find it highly unlikely that SQ will go 8-abreast on the 787.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post

The 787-10 is not a direct comparison to A359 as they will be used on regional routes. For long haul durations of 8 hours and more,comparatively to the A380 and the B77W,the A359 is a very weak product. This aircraft was designed and conceived during the high cost fuel era and the primary objective is to shave fuel consumption by bring down the weight of the fuselage and shrinking it whilst retaining the widebody ability to carry lots of pax. And improve the bottom line of the airlines who are all struggling to deal with the high fuel cost.

It is a win for the operator and a loss for the passengers. The savings come from removing additional unused dimensions. Anyone that feels otherwise after being trapped in that 'Xtra Wide Body' must have a very naive sense!
                          Last edited by Tonitan; 28 May 2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SMC is en route to SIN as SQ8895.

Comment

• 9V-SMC has just taken off on her delivery flight to Singapore as SQ8895.

Comment

• 9V-SMC has just landed in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                                X