No announcement yet.

Vegetarian Meals on SQ and other airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy Betsy, your pictures are not showing up for some reason.
    Perhaps it is viewable only by users of the image hosting website?

Comment

SQ HKG-SIN, SQ 871, ECONOMY CLASS. VOML. Dinner

Economy class dinner offerings, HKG-SIN, VOML.

Close up of main course. It was moist and quite yummy anyway.. especially compared to the poor offering I had just gotten from my connecting YVR-HKG flight on Air Canada (sorry, I didn't take any photos on that flight).

Comment

TG 656, BKK-ICN. Business Class. VOML.

TG had 2 meals (!) on this short 5.5 hour flight from BKK-ICN. Take off was 2330 (though my flight was delayed till 0015 due to late incoming passengers (my flight included).

This was actually the 2nd course , ie breakfast which I asked the crew to serve first as it was supposed to be 'larger'. But of course you see my dilemma as I couldn't eat the wheat noodles or the bread due to my wheat intolerance. So I ate fruit instead - and I had packed some rice crackers just in case!

This was actually the first course (ie snack) just after a midnight take off.. but I had asked the crew to serve me just before arrival instead. That 'red' thing is not an egg but a radish!

Comment

AC 64. ICN-YVR. Economy Class. VOML. Dinner

It looked and tasted quite nice actually !

Comment

AC 64. ICN-YVR. Economy Class. VOML. Breakfast.

Congee with dried tofu, and pickled vegetables.

Comment

AC 844. YYC-FRA. Economy class. Dinner. VOML.

I was honestly surprised at what YYC could offer for a european flight in economy. It was tofu + sauce + rice noodles ! It was quite tasty in fact!

Starter on left was some cold cous-cousy thing.. now that lacked taste. Really!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Guy Betsy, your pictures are not showing up for some reason.
                Perhaps it is viewable only by users of the image hosting website?
                I'm using imageshack.us and I tried a different browser on my computer and the links seem to work. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  I'm using imageshack.us and I tried a different browser on my computer and the links seem to work. Is anyone else having this problem?
                  Can't see it either. All I see is a frog frozen in an ice cube.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                    Can't see it either. All I see is a frog frozen in an ice cube.
                    I've seen that frog on some of the other sites before!
                    Last edited by Guy Betsy; 12 April 2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

No problem with the pics. Clear your cache.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        No problem with the pics. Clear your cache.
                        I just did. Still showing the frog in ice cube.
                        Weird.

Comment

How about cookies?

Comment

Hi Guy Betsy, would you mind uploading to a different image host like Photobucket? Nothing showing up here except a message saying 'Domain Unregistered' (frog in cube also)... wonder if it's the same for other viewers also?

Comment

no pun intended. Frogs/Toads are not vegetarian.
                              Try a different hosting site?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Appetiser / Replacement for satay - While everyone got their satays, this was what was offered to me - A selection of Grilled Vegetables + 2 questionable fried doughy thingys .. (have no idea what it was as I can't eat anything with wheat)

This was my actual starter - selection of cold pickled vegetables and more grilled vegetables. This time it looked like someone actually took time to arrange the plate!

Main course - rice with vegetables. It was quite nice actually.

They looked very delicious for VOML! My experiences taking VOML were average. Most of the time, I will pre-order VLML except for Ex-Sin which I will order AVML instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X