[ZRH] "New" Swiss First and HON Circle Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ZRH] "New" Swiss First and HON Circle Lounge

Just opened yesterday, 15 December 2007.
    Location: near the Transfer Desk towards Gate A. There is a glass door near the far right security line. Well the circular stairs will give you a good exercise for carrying up your rollabag. But there is a lift, but no sign yet for the lounge.

The style is similar to LH FCT or FCL, but at the moment I can not take any pictures since the lounge is full.

Basically once you go up the stairs, there will be few staff behind the counter. To the right, there are meeting rooms, and two different room which not that big. I guess the smaller room can be closed for VIP only.

Behind the receptionist there are couple rooms for working (desk and accessories).
    To the left of the receptionist, there is the dining room (white table cloth) with small bar. Not well stock at all, I must say.
    Next to the dining room, there is the buffet with main sofa's around. About 32 dark brown sofas plus another 4 in front of television with in-wall style bookcase.
    Buffet? It's a laugh at the moment. Three different thing in the warmer but now empty. I think one was only brocolli with potatoes. One was salmon with vegetables. And will check the othe one later.
    Some wines on display. Champagne ice bucket is by Taittinger. But now a new bottle had not been opened. The one I had was some other brand.
    There are some small plates for pate as well as a small fish.

In short, yes better than the old Swiss First Lounge upstairs near the Business Lounge. But its far away from FRA FCT nor FCL.

Note: I did go to the receptionist telling her that o food left on the buffet.

Another note: I was told that I will take a shuttle bus to the gate wher I will depart.

Will post limited pictures taken later.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    but at the moment I can not take any pictures since the lounge is full.
    It's never stopped you before...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      It's never stopped you before...

Will post pictures when I get home tonight...

Ok. So as F pax, I got driven to somewhere. Mercedes of course. Not the sedan, but the one looks like SUV. My gate was E35. So the driver took me to the ground level. Drove to Terminal E. And he just took me up to the floor where the security is. So, I was stucked at the security.

Well, at least I had a god-like-treatment on board Swiss this time. It was an excellent flight!

Comment

The Entrance (near transfer desk)

If you are facing the entrance glass door, there will be an elevator to the right, and transfer desk to the right of that.

Comment

Dining room

Comment

The Largest Room

Capacity seems only up to 36 seating.

Comment

The Medium Size Room

The smallest area was occupied by few pax. Thus so difficult to get the pictures. But the medium size area was empty and has the beverage counter. And here you go.
              Both area here are to the right when you facing the receptionist. Would be a not so convenient for buffet.

Comment

The Study - Work Room

3 rooms behind the receptionist area.

Sorry! The long desk lamp was not captured in this picture properly.

Comment

Men's Room

When you open the door, you will see the mirror on the left, the door to the toilet straight ahead, and two doors on the right for shower (which were locked when I was there, and no time for me to take shower. )

Only two urinals ...

Three toilets

Bare looking sink

Comment

Views From The Lounge

The view when I was seating at the main area adjacent to the dining room.

Here is the view when standing up

The view from the other rooms (standing up)

Comment

What's the feel of the lounge, CGK? The decoration looks kind of cold.

The views aren't very impressive, are they?
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        What's the feel of the lounge, CGK? The decoration looks kind of cold.

The views aren't very impressive, are they?
                        As I mentioned at the beginning, for whoever had seen or experienced LH FRA FCT and FCL, would think this new lounge is not up to their level. But comparing to the "old" Swiss First Lounge at ZRH, of course this new lounge is a mile better.
                        Right now, indeed, the place looks bare and cold. Need an interior designer who can warm up the place. Also, whoever always cries about no waiter-like-service at SKL, here is the same, i.e. self-service.
                        As you can see from the pictures, not much choices for drinks as well as buffet food.

The view? Well, that's why I took the pictures with the campagne glass to give the exact view when you are seating in the main area. Then you will have different view when you are walking up and down the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          but at the moment I can not take any pictures since the lounge is full.
                          You did a pretty good job getting rid of all those people...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            You did a pretty good job getting rid of all those people...
                            Patient paid off!

Comment

Since I did not see any *G sign at this new lounge, I assume this lounge is only for LH/LX F BP holders and HON Circle members. Thus, flying SQ F ex-ZRH will not gain entry.
                              Am I right in this assumption?

Comment

Working...
                              X