SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Small Talk

Old 20th October 2015, 12:31 PM   #76
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
JayBird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Headphones for gym and my regular commute. Best bluetooth sound ever, and I love how the X-fit lifts it off your neck.
I've had these just over 6 months and concur. Good value for the money. Only thing I hate is replacing the Comply Tips so often because I use them so much.
Old 26th July 2017, 05:01 PM   #77
HUGE AL

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
JayBird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Headphones for gym and my regular commute. Best bluetooth sound ever, and I love how the X-fit lifts it off your neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
I've had these just over 6 months and concur. Good value for the money. Only thing I hate is replacing the Comply Tips so often because I use them so much.
I no longer recommend or support JayBird. Since their acquisition by Logitech, the service has gone into the toilet and they are no longer honoring the lifetime warranty -- which is also no longer offered.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:06 PM   #78
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold

While we are on this topic, for frequent travellers who want an immediate jump in sound quality...check out the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC...works with MacBooks, PCs and also iPhones (You need to buy an adapter) and Android phones.

Has really improved my enjoyment of music on the go.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 03:43 PM   #79
HUGE AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
While we are on this topic, for frequent travellers who want an immediate jump in sound quality...check out the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC...works with MacBooks, PCs and also iPhones (You need to buy an adapter) and Android phones.

Has really improved my enjoyment of music on the go.
The topic is headphones…not DACs.

But you've brought up a fantastic product! Blows away all the other amps out there -- including the Shure that retails for USD$1000.

Another way to go that is interesting is:

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/board...y-dac-pro-xlr/

The HiFiBerry uses Burr-Brown instead of ESS, but both are top notch.
Old 30th July 2017, 09:48 PM   #80
yflyer

Quote:
The topic is headphones…not DACs.

But you've brought up a fantastic product! Blows away all the other amps out there -- including the Shure that retails for USD$1000.

Another way to go that is interesting is:

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/board...y-dac-pro-xlr/

The HiFiBerry uses Burr-Brown instead of ESS, but both are top notch.
Well, the Audioquest Dragnfly Red USB DAC does connect to the headphones ....

Haven't heard of the HiFiBerry...very intriguing! Especially the XLR. This looks more like a hobbyist product for the Raspberry Pi computer, rather than a general consumer hifi/audiophile accessory that the Audioquest is. I actuallly do have a Raspberry Pi lying around.

For those not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it is an incredibly low cost/compact/extensible computer, less than S$100, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, that is widely used as an educational/hobbyist tool, and a surprising number of commercial and "Internet of Things" applications too...
Old 1st August 2017, 05:35 PM   #81
HUGE AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
Haven't heard of the HiFiBerry...very intriguing! Especially the XLR. This looks more like a hobbyist product for the Raspberry Pi computer, rather than a general consumer hifi/audiophile accessory that the Audioquest is. I actuallly do have a Raspberry Pi lying around.

For those not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it is an incredibly low cost/compact/extensible computer, less than S$100, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, that is widely used as an educational/hobbyist tool, and a surprising number of commercial and "Internet of Things" applications too...
Oh, come on! Burr-Brown is DEFINITELY audiophile quality and has been for longer than the DragonFly has been around.

There are tons of guides to assist with Raspberry Pi.
Old 1st August 2017, 05:45 PM   #82
yflyer

Quote:
Oh, come on! Burr-Brown is DEFINITELY audiophile quality and has been for longer than the DragonFly has been around.

There are tons of guides to assist with Raspberry Pi.
Agree Burr Brown is audiophile quality...yes both ESS and Burr Brown are highly regarded for their audiophile chips!

I'm referring more to the fact that the hifiberry is an audiophile circuit board where some assembly is required, whereas the Dragonfly is a consumer product that you just plug into your PC/Mac or your phone (with an adapter) and you are good to go...
Old 28th July 2018, 02:41 PM   #83
HUGE AL

Default Shure Now Embraces Bluetooth

Woohoo! No more searching for the ever-changing "best bluetooth" headphones. If you're on the Shure train, you already own them!

http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...ate-of-the-art

And for DAC Amps, we now have another audiophile company jumping onboard:

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/lifestyle/MHA50

Old 28th July 2018, 07:06 PM   #84
jhm

Quote:
Woohoo! No more searching for the ever-changing "best bluetooth" headphones. If you're on the Shure train, you already own them!

http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...ate-of-the-art
After getting used to AirPods, I now find anything else with a cable dangling down from my ears very irritating. The sound quality is good enough for me, but if only the AirPods had better noise isolation and/or noise cancellation...

Quote:
And for DAC Amps, we now have another audiophile company jumping onboard:

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/lifestyle/MHA50
Is it me or is that amp very ugly...
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 01:55 PM   #85
HUGE AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
After getting used to AirPods, I now find anything else with a cable dangling down from my ears very irritating. The sound quality is good enough for me, but if only the AirPods had better noise isolation and/or noise cancellation...
If there was a pseudo-Comply way to isolate, I'd be willing to give them a try. Once you have those form fitting tips, you'll never go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
Is it me or is that amp very ugly...
It's McIntosh! Never known for their sexy good looks.

Yeah, a few hours later, I found out they STILL have not gotten their Apple Certification. So the best option MAY be this Chinese POS:

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/623

Although, it's quite a good POS. Pair it with the leather case and you're good to go.