SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Small Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2015, 12:31 PM   #76
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
JayBird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Headphones for gym and my regular commute. Best bluetooth sound ever, and I love how the X-fit lifts it off your neck.
I've had these just over 6 months and concur. Good value for the money. Only thing I hate is replacing the Comply Tips so often because I use them so much.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 05:01 PM   #77
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
JayBird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Headphones for gym and my regular commute. Best bluetooth sound ever, and I love how the X-fit lifts it off your neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
I've had these just over 6 months and concur. Good value for the money. Only thing I hate is replacing the Comply Tips so often because I use them so much.
I no longer recommend or support JayBird. Since their acquisition by Logitech, the service has gone into the toilet and they are no longer honoring the lifetime warranty -- which is also no longer offered.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 11:06 PM   #78
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Join Date: 12-May-2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold
Posts: 5,401
Default

While we are on this topic, for frequent travellers who want an immediate jump in sound quality...check out the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC...works with MacBooks, PCs and also iPhones (You need to buy an adapter) and Android phones.



Has really improved my enjoyment of music on the go.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 03:43 PM   #79
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
While we are on this topic, for frequent travellers who want an immediate jump in sound quality...check out the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC...works with MacBooks, PCs and also iPhones (You need to buy an adapter) and Android phones.

Has really improved my enjoyment of music on the go.
The topic is headphones…not DACs.

But you've brought up a fantastic product! Blows away all the other amps out there -- including the Shure that retails for USD$1000.

Another way to go that is interesting is:

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/board...y-dac-pro-xlr/

The HiFiBerry uses Burr-Brown instead of ESS, but both are top notch.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 09:48 PM   #80
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Join Date: 12-May-2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold
Posts: 5,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
The topic is headphones…not DACs.

But you've brought up a fantastic product! Blows away all the other amps out there -- including the Shure that retails for USD$1000.

Another way to go that is interesting is:

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/board...y-dac-pro-xlr/

The HiFiBerry uses Burr-Brown instead of ESS, but both are top notch.
Well, the Audioquest Dragnfly Red USB DAC does connect to the headphones ....

Haven't heard of the HiFiBerry...very intriguing! Especially the XLR. This looks more like a hobbyist product for the Raspberry Pi computer, rather than a general consumer hifi/audiophile accessory that the Audioquest is. I actuallly do have a Raspberry Pi lying around.

For those not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it is an incredibly low cost/compact/extensible computer, less than S$100, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, that is widely used as an educational/hobbyist tool, and a surprising number of commercial and "Internet of Things" applications too...
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 05:35 PM   #81
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
Haven't heard of the HiFiBerry...very intriguing! Especially the XLR. This looks more like a hobbyist product for the Raspberry Pi computer, rather than a general consumer hifi/audiophile accessory that the Audioquest is. I actuallly do have a Raspberry Pi lying around.

For those not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it is an incredibly low cost/compact/extensible computer, less than S$100, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, that is widely used as an educational/hobbyist tool, and a surprising number of commercial and "Internet of Things" applications too...
Oh, come on! Burr-Brown is DEFINITELY audiophile quality and has been for longer than the DragonFly has been around.

There are tons of guides to assist with Raspberry Pi.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 05:45 PM   #82
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Join Date: 12-May-2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold
Posts: 5,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
Oh, come on! Burr-Brown is DEFINITELY audiophile quality and has been for longer than the DragonFly has been around.

There are tons of guides to assist with Raspberry Pi.
Agree Burr Brown is audiophile quality...yes both ESS and Burr Brown are highly regarded for their audiophile chips!

I'm referring more to the fact that the hifiberry is an audiophile circuit board where some assembly is required, whereas the Dragonfly is a consumer product that you just plug into your PC/Mac or your phone (with an adapter) and you are good to go...
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 02:41 PM   #83
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default Shure Now Embraces Bluetooth

Woohoo! No more searching for the ever-changing "best bluetooth" headphones. If you're on the Shure train, you already own them!

http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...ate-of-the-art

And for DAC Amps, we now have another audiophile company jumping onboard:

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/lifestyle/MHA50

__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 07:06 PM   #84
jhm
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
Join Date: 02-Nov-2006
Location: London
Posts: 4,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
Woohoo! No more searching for the ever-changing "best bluetooth" headphones. If you're on the Shure train, you already own them!

http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...ate-of-the-art
After getting used to AirPods, I now find anything else with a cable dangling down from my ears very irritating. The sound quality is good enough for me, but if only the AirPods had better noise isolation and/or noise cancellation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
And for DAC Amps, we now have another audiophile company jumping onboard:

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/lifestyle/MHA50
Is it me or is that amp very ugly...
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 01:55 PM   #85
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
After getting used to AirPods, I now find anything else with a cable dangling down from my ears very irritating. The sound quality is good enough for me, but if only the AirPods had better noise isolation and/or noise cancellation...
If there was a pseudo-Comply way to isolate, I'd be willing to give them a try. Once you have those form fitting tips, you'll never go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
Is it me or is that amp very ugly...
It's McIntosh! Never known for their sexy good looks.

Yeah, a few hours later, I found out they STILL have not gotten their Apple Certification. So the best option MAY be this Chinese POS:

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/623

Although, it's quite a good POS. Pair it with the leather case and you're good to go.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noise cancelling headphones Singapore Sling All About Singapore Airlines 22 2nd July 2010 02:28 PM
Headphones - do you need to assemble them/put it together? TAZ MAN All About Singapore Airlines 11 16th June 2008 08:59 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net