Clear All

• Singapore Taxi Fare Calculator

To help all estimate your taxi fare in Singapore

http://www.taxisingapore.com/externa...re-calculator/

Perhaps we can sticky this

Comment

Nice find!. Will come in handy.

Comment

Whilst useful, in all my travels around the world, I have never found more honest taxi drivers than those in Singapore (apologies to Japan), always prepared to use the meter....maybe strict Govt regulations play a part, tho...

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
          Whilst useful, in all my travels around the world, I have never found more honest taxi drivers than those in Singapore (apologies to Japan), always prepared to use the meter....maybe strict Govt regulations play a part, tho...
          Up until a year or two ago, I would have totally agreed. However, I have without doubt seen an increase in some (a small number granted) trying it on, especially after the new rates for peak travel came in. I have had them try and clobber me with that a couple of times outside of the hours they are supposed to charge it.

If you read the Sheraton thread on FT you will see other people who have had problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
            I've had a dodgy taxi driver in Singapore before who took a somewhat circular route after picking me up very late at night from the StR hotel. Luckily, I was with a local who had to point out to him (twice!) WTF are you doing!
            Last edited by jhm; 26 November 2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Very useful tool

Comment

It appears that if we click on the banner on top (the one with the 'beta' tag), we are able to estimate the taxi fares for rides in many countries! Thanks, SQflyergirl, for this great find!

Comment

I assume MAN Flyer and jhm are caucasians.

If in any case the taxi driver seems to be dodgy and you feel that you have been taken for a ride, no pun intended, you can always call LTA's hotline no at 1800- CALL-LTA and lodge a report. Remember to get the taxi's license number and a receipt if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridge2Dream View Post
                    Thanks, SQflyergirl, for this great find!
                    Wasn't me. Was 9V-JKL

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                      I assume MAN Flyer and jhm are caucasians.
                      Actually, no. I'm Chinese. My friend who I was with at the time is Singaporean Chinese.

Comment

Had cab drivers try to do that to me a couple of times in Singapore... A couple of stern phrases in singlish or hokkien normally does the trick!
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

My friend in singapore found some taxi driver "cheating" by going via long route to destinations.

Take a look at this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57URem927Tc
                          Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

talk about taxi fares in singapore being reasonable.... a trip from WheelLock place to East Coast during peak hours cost......

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Welcome to Singapore

Yes - taxis are getting prohibitively expensive during peak hours nowadays. They must have been caught in a series of traffic jams.

Comment

Working...
                              X