Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I totally agree.

As someone who flies with both airlines frequently, I would say that MH are very close to SQ in terms of on board service. In fact, there is only SQ I would rate higher than MH for on board service, with OZ giving them a run for their money.
    That may be the case in J or F, which I have no experience of with MH.
    In Y though, I have to quote Kyo:

No way.
    I'm not sure if this is the PC thing to say, so forgive me if this offends...
    on MH in Y, the...ah...fairness of one's skin seems to affect the level of service, IME. Please everyone don't crucify me over this observation.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions

I guess MH is good enough. I should try it sometimes.
      Last edited by vincent0720; 12 June 2009, 06:23 AM. Reason: more words

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        I assume you mean alcoholic drinks. I seem to remember reading on TOF that Japaese airlines are prohibited by the Japanese authorities from serving pre-takeoff drinks apparently due to safety reasons.
        Same situation with JL. That pretty much put them on my list of 'fly only if other options aren't available' airlines.

I didn't know NH is the same.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

JL serves me fruit juice every week before take-off, actually. Apple ex-SIN, orange ex-KUL.

My favourite is you can ask for water on SIN-KUL, and they give you Mt Fuji water (enriched with VANADIUM, no less...)

Will take photos tonight.

MH on this sector served me... nothing, if I recall except a choice of coffee/tea/water and a packet of peanuts.

No alcomahol on this short sector on either and SQ too...
          Last edited by Kyo; 12 June 2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            JL serves me fruit juice every week before take-off, actually. Apple ex-SIN, orange ex-KUL.

My favourite is you can ask for water on SIN-KUL, and they give you Mt Fuji water (enriched with VANADIUM, no less...)

Will take photos tonight.

MH on this sector served me... nothing, if I recall except a choice of coffee/tea/water and a packet of peanuts.

No alcomahol on this short sector on either and SQ too...
            I was referring to longer routes that are a bit longer than that. Only ever been on JL NRT-SIN-NRT admittedly.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 12 June 2009, 12:22 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
              That may be the case in J or F, which I have no experience of with MH.
              Well, while all my travels on both airlines in the last few years has been in J and F, I also spent a number of years flying both of them a hell of a lot in Y as well, back in the day when MH used to serve MAN. My comment that MH service is only just behind SQ stands for Y as well, although I haven't flown MH in Y for a few years now.

I'm not sure if this is the PC thing to say, so forgive me if this offends...
              on MH in Y, the...ah...fairness of one's skin seems to affect the level of service, IME. Please everyone don't crucify me over this observation.
              That's fair enough, and is an accusation that gets levelled at a few Asian airlines from time to time, SQ included. I personally haven't come across this on MH but then I am not in the group that allegedly suffers it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Like Keith, I am also talking about flights a little longer than SIN-KUL, such as JFK-NRT, on which you could have flown SIN-KUL-SIN and almost back to KUL again before we got our first drink.

Comment

Just you wait, I only have 55 flights to reach OW Ruby!

j/k

More like 28... *shoots self in foot*

Comment

Does MH give out hot/cold towels in Y ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                      I'm pretty sure they do

Comment

There seems to be a lot of discussion comparing MH on Y. Has anyone flown MH in biz class across the pacific (KUL-TPE-LAX) and is able to give feedback on service, FA's, etc?

I know SQ wins hands down in J however just want to get feedback on MH.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                          I know SQ wins hands down in J
                          You'd be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            They give hot (sometimes lukewarm) paper towel. It's not the proper towel you get in SQ.

Comment

Has anyone flown MH in biz class across the pacific (KUL-TPE-LAX) and is able to give feedback on service, FA's, etc?
                              I've flown them many times to and from Europe and Australia in J and they use the same FA's. Maybe earlier posts in the thread would be of some assistance.

I know SQ wins hands down in J
                              Really ?. Reading the comments in this thread who have flown MH in J recently, and those who fly both MH and SQ regularly, that wasn't the impression I got.
                              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 June 2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Has anyone flown MH in biz class across the pacific (KUL-TPE-LAX) and is able to give feedback on service, FA's, etc?

I know SQ wins hands down in J however just want to get feedback on MH.

cheers.
                                Just curious: how is it that you know which wins in the comparison, and still need feedback on one of the experiences under comparison?
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X