Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Suites Customers To Receive Two Windows Each

Greetings,

This is one of the wallpapers on the SQ A380s site that does not have an explicit link.

Note the window configuration between doors one and two.

Also note the large gap behind door 1 - this could imply a large galley.

To the right of upper deck door 1, there are three windows missing.

Ooooooooooooooh.

I wonder if they'll let us PPS people preview the Suites before they put the whalejet into flight... hehe

Comment

Good observation Singapore_Air! You could be an analyst!
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Singapore Airlines Suites Customers To Receive Two Windows Each - it's gonna cost a lot replacing them after every flight that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Singapore Airlines Suites Customers To Receive Two Windows Each - it's gonna cost a lot replacing them after every flight that's for sure.
          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Well... with the premium prices that SQ commands and the reduced PPS benefits, SQ can afford to give some extra amenities to the first class passengers. Although I may wonder what can I use those windows for. LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
              Although I may wonder what can I use those windows for. LOL....
              Uhhh, fix them in your living room, so that you have a view at 30,000 feet? This reminds me of my Idle Time screensaver...
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                Greetings,

This is one of the wallpapers on the SQ A380s site that does not have an explicit link.

Note the window configuration between doors one and two.

Also note the large gap behind door 1 - this could imply a large galley.

To the right of upper deck door 1, there are three windows missing.

Ooooooooooooooh.
                I hope that is just an artist's impression....In current 744 SQ F, I get 4 windows. If what you suggest is true, then it will be yet another 'enhancement'..

..unless the windowles section actually have cable bundles running down them?

Comment

Well SQFAN, I thought I'd dig a bit further. I've cropped this picture from the hi-res version at the Airbus Press Centre.

It confirms the window configuration. Also note that all the window shades appear to be down / you can't peek inside.

Comment

Those window shades look interesting, could they possibly be in the form of some kind of "electronic-shutter" style in the color gold? Hmmm lol
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

This is of course based on the assumption that F is going to be at the front of the lower deck. Whilst it seems extremely likely that it's there, maybe they've gone and thrown convention out the door and put it at the back of the plane (yes I've seen ATR72's with J at the back, Y in the front) or done a BA Mid-J kind of thing. Maybe they've even put it on the upper deck. It's all conjecture for the moment.

Comment

IMHO, I would follow the theory of Singapore_Air. We have seen the official images of the new Business Class placed in a mock-up of the upper deck of the A380 - so B/C is definitely there.

Makes sense to me to let F/C pax board from door 1 and therefore having F/C between door 1 and door 2. If not, that is to say if E/C would be in the front on main deck, what do you think there would be at the level of those missing windows? vending machines for snacks ? Anyway, logically, I would give to a F/C pax the place where he /she can enjoy the largest volume (meaning here also high ceiling and vertical side walls), and that is available only on main deck.

Comment

Another speculation.... notice the short row of windows in the upper deck above the F section. I won't put it past SQ to actually put in a mezzanine upper deck lounge cum dining area for F pax, and may even give the F section a 2-deck void to give a high ceiling. If this did come true, it would be God-like treatment indeed.

Comment

I'd think that a section with so many windows blanked out is more likely to house a First cabin. There would be a relatively large number of windowless seats if SQ were to put Business or Economy there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                              IMHO, I would follow the theory of Singapore_Air. We have seen the official images of the new Business Class placed in a mock-up of the upper deck of the A380 - so B/C is definitely there.
                              That I'd agree with. With the new J, every seat MUST have aisle access. There'll be no 5 or 6 abreast layout for the lower deck. By the same token, there'll be no ala 77W 1-2-1 layout on the main deck. The 77W already has a big block of plastic between the D and F seats as a filler. I don't see them making that gap even wider to accomodate the larger width of the 380 main cabin. The mockup shown is 380 upper deck, with NO gap between the D/F seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X