PPS Value Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Value Posting

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed before - I have been observing over time the times at which PPS Value would be credited and came to the conclusion that this typically happened twice a week, overnight on Mondays and Thursdays, but in the past week there has been no crediting at all. I have a few flights from a week ago still showing as 'Processing'.

Is this happening to anyone else and has anyone managed to figure out the posting patterns?

Thanks in advance

No problems for me: flights from last Friday posted on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
      and has anyone managed to figure out the posting patterns?
      Teams of NASA scientists have tried and failed to work out how PPSV works...

Comment

Whenever I see "processing" in my summary, I always imagine a hybrid Rube Goldberg/steampunk machine huffing and puffing, attended to by a small army of engineers. It's even more curious when I know exactly, to the dollar, the PPSV that will be credited for simple return fares priced in SGD. The art of suspense?

Comment

It gets even more interesting when you are a registered SME that can earn Highflyer points: once flown, the segment goes to Team A that assesses PPS value and then to Team B to assess Highflyer points. There should be only one team to begin with and it’s amusing that the values differ regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            It gets even more interesting when you are a registered SME that can earn Highflyer points: once flown, the segment goes to Team A that assesses PPS value and then to Team B to assess Highflyer points. There should be only one team to begin with and it’s amusing that the values differ regularly.
            Is your company also registered under the Highflyer program? My company is registered under the Highflyer program and the interface is so buggy. I cannot see the trips that have been booked, looking under 'Trips Bookings' only show a blank page. I have no idea if the Highflyer points posted is also accurate unless I manually tally them against the flights booked one by one.

Comment

The highflyer interface is quite bad. I’m using it and get a lot of inaccuracies and is buggy. Even the logout feature is grammatically incorrect - highlighted this long time back but no one made an effort to correct.

Comment

Inaccuracies as in the value posted is different from what was awarded by SQ? Oh man, I have not been doing any manual tallying and trusting SQ's system to do their job.

I have also feed back about the buggy issues many times, and the recurring reply I get from them is that 'they have feedback this to their team and they are looking into it'.

Comment

They seem to have gone into slo-mo again: my last flight arrived on the morning of Aug 3, but still no sign of PPS info now more than 5 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by whughes3 View Post
                    They seem to have gone into slo-mo again: my last flight arrived on the morning of Aug 3, but still no sign of PPS info now more than 5 days later.
                    Agreed, it’s taken up to a week recently for my PPS values to post.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                      Agreed, it’s taken up to a week recently for my PPS values to post.
                      I've noticed that simple return flights, especially those purchased ex-SIN tend to post quite quickly. 2-3 days and they're in. More complex itineraries e.g. 4 sectors + open jaw + purchased in foreign currency from an outstation, or even including mixed cabins in one ticket can cause the PPS $ to take much longer to post.

However, they do come in eventually so I wouldn't be too worried in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                        I've noticed that simple return flights, especially those purchased ex-SIN tend to post quite quickly. 2-3 days and they're in. More complex itineraries e.g. 4 sectors + open jaw + purchased in foreign currency from an outstation, or even including mixed cabins in one ticket can cause the PPS $ to take much longer to post.

However, they do come in eventually so I wouldn't be too worried in the long run.
                        That's consistent with my experience too. Another scenario that significantly delays things is bookings with changes involving changes in fare/travel class. These can take up to 2-3 weeks to clear in some cases.

Comment

Working...
                        X