Service on Beijing flight needs fine-tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service on Beijing flight needs fine-tuning

I just got back from beijing.Not very happy with the ground staff at beijing terminal 3.Way too slowThe SQ flight for the return trip there are a few fine tuning needed.For sure breakfast served suck big time especially when its served so very early at 4 am!For a flight that departed beijing at 1am.Most pax will be very tired once they get on the a/c the last thing they want to do is buy duty free crap and food.The lighting control is extreme from almost total darkness boom max bright.Simply too much time wasted taxing on the ground may it be beijing or changi!

Originally posted by dengilo View Post
    I just got back from beijing.Not very happy with the ground staff at beijing terminal 3.Way too slowThe SQ flight for the return trip there are a few fine tuning needed.For sure breakfast served suck big time especially when its served so very early at 4 am!For a flight that departed beijing at 1am.Most pax will be very tired once they get on the a/c the last thing they want to do is buy duty free crap and food.The lighting control is extreme from almost total darkness boom max bright.Simply too much time wasted taxing on the ground may it be beijing or changi!
    That's why I always have my eyeshades when I fly.

Comment

Simply too much time wasted taxing on the ground may it be beijing or changi!
      I assume you meant "taxiing." I'm curious...how do you propose they solve this problem? Taxi faster?

Comment

Thanks for the anecdote... hence why I re-iterate, SQ807 with an ungodly 2am departure makes even less sense...

That taxiing takes too long comment, makes no sense, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Thanks for the anecdote... hence why I re-iterate, SQ807 with an ungodly 2am departure makes even less sense...

As I mentioned on the other thread, probably a matter of slots.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
            I assume you meant "taxiing." I'm curious...how do you propose they solve this problem? Taxi faster?
            Yes.Slots could be the problem .I understand beijing airport is only gezillion times bigger than changi.:

Comment

... umm catch a different flight then. And if you think there's too much taxiing you could always hop out and run to the terminal.

Comment

well, if food is not served at that ungodly hour, some pax will complain that SQ's service sucks as they don't provide food to hungry pax who just boarded the plane at 1 am where its their time for supper.... you cannot please everyone.....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

same problem with all redeye India-Singapore flights, which I totally hate. They serve supper at 1am on a 4 plus hour flight (3+ hours from MAA), leaving pax in peace for only half an hour at the most before the final announcement for landing.

And the problem is not the bright lights (which eye shades can resolve), it is the noise of cutlery, and the waft of food aroma (in the case of indian flights, it is the pungent curries).

Comment

one shd try to avoid any red-eyed flights if possible esp for short-medium travel.

Comment

Did you take this flight because of your work schedule?

I try to avoid redeye flights as far as possible

Comment

Now i know better!*** if given the option i would run to the terminal

Comment

A little sidetrack:

what about SQ825, redeye from Shanghai. Is service a breakfast service or a supper service? Will be in business class.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

PEK only has midnight hours slots available.

Even China Southern, 2nd biggest operator out of PEK in terms of market share, is unable to get any daytime slots for another 2-3 years.
                            Airline Route | twitter

Comment

perhaps if PEK operated its runways more efficiently it wouldn't have the delays it does. I can't tell how many times I've sat waiting for takeoff when 4-5 minutes go by and neither a plane takes off or lands. Or if they consolidated all takeoffs and landings onto separate runways instead of using both the center and eastern runways for both takeoff and landing. It seems there are changes that could reduce the ground delays without increasing capacity with a new runway.

Comment

Working...
                              X