Tiger Airways ripped me off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Airways ripped me off?

Two days ago I headed to the KUL LCCT, with 45 mins to spare before my STD for my TR hop to SIN for a day trip. To my surprise, when I handed over my passport to the staff, they told me the counter was closed. I told theme still had 45 mins and besides, I have no luggage so why aren't you letting me ck-in? There were a few others behind me who were just as confused.

I asked to speak to their manager and they told me that they use AK's staff and clearly they didn't look like they were much help either. They mentioned that day was special and they closed an hour before departure, but they didn't tell me why. I couldn't even get a refund, but I thought for that SGD45 ticket, forget it. I settled for MH in the end which was delayed, and I arrived in SIN 5 hours later than expected.

Can I file a complaint somewhere?

I am not sure if your complaint is going to make any difference. I think you can file it here in Singapore.

I've had an issue with Tiger Airways before. Long story short, my plane from CGK-SIN was cancelled and was asked to return to the airport the next day. It turned out they didn't send an extra plane to pax the stranded passangers back to SIN and I couldn't get a seat because the plane was full. I asked the JAS (who handles Tiger in CGK) to make a statement letter for the airfare to be fully refunded to me. It took them close to 2 hours to get it done. I then filed a complaint together along with the letter in Singapore and got a full refund in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Two days ago I headed to the KUL LCCT, with 45 mins to spare before my STD for my TR hop to SIN for a day trip..........
      Sorry to learn about your problem, however, I am not sure if you have a valid complaint.

Check-in desks in the Budget Terminal close strictly 45 minutes before scheduled departure, by which time passengers should have completed the check-in process and be in possession of a valid boarding card.
      http://www.tigerairways.com/sg/en/check_in.php

Comment

Accordingly, they closed their counters early even before 45 mins prior to the STD

Comment

Working...
        X