No announcement yet.

Scoot's 9V-OJC and 9V-OJB Out of Action Fri/Sat 19-20/6/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have seen, read and been told by folks (who had family on the flight to PER) it was quite poorly communicated with multiple delay extensions and at least two boarding and deplaning cycles. One can understand that people do get really fed up though manners should not go out of hand.

This is the problem when you don't have key decision makers available on site and procedure tells them to try to fix / rectify endlessly. Does it really take so many hours to figure out that a repair may not be forthcoming easily and that the crew will run into work hours issues? Can't you call it quits after a certain period of time and cancel the flight and reschedule? The wait and uncertainty is the frustrating part. The no hotel etc. I can understand, that is what people bought and hence why I always have travel insurance even when going on major carriers.

Reminds me of a SQ CGK-SIN flight my GF took maybe 2 years back where she was on SQ 961 and the A330 was acting up. They boarded still normally then taxied when something wasn't right so returned to gate. They tried to fix it for 2+hrs after which the captain said that the initial issues was rectified, but another problem had been found. They tried again for another 2.5hrs meanwhile SQ963, 965 and 967 had all departed with only a lucky few Biz pax being shifted over to some of those later flights. Finally, after close to 5hrs on the plane (yes food was served and IFE was on) pax were deplaned and "parked" at the gate and then after another 30mins they decided to cancel the flight at which point no arrangements had been worked out by the station for transport / accommodation. Not sure what they were waiting for, but she booked her own hotel and later claimed with SQ (another hassle, but that's an even longer story ).

So did OCC (Operations Control Center) really need this long to make up their mind and have multiple attempts to try to fix the aircraft even after the first one was completed and more issues turned up? They even could have flown in a replacement aircraft (assuming availability) in the time it took or after 3hrs should just have said sorry this can't be fixed in a reasonable time, the flight will be cancelled and station prepare accommodation, transport and rebooking? Oh well
    Last edited by demue; 22 June 2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
      Surprising that the airport police did not step in. Seeing how a gathering of 5 or more people is considered rioting in Singapore. The hashtag guy isn't helping the situation at all.

To be fair, everybody should have (but nobody ever did) read the conditions of carriage. I'm sure everything was stated clearly there. And if everybody read the CoC, thought about their expectations and looked at the price, they'll probably not fly on and LCCs.

Not to sound rude, but you get what you paid for. Can't expect to pay peanuts and expect to receive Chilled malossol caviar with melba toast and condiments
      Will Scoot's representative stand out on that day and announce this to their passengers "you get what you paid for"?

As far I know, only agent engage by Scoot is there. No Scoot representative until the case broke out.

Comment

Jetstar joined in the "fun"! My mum's flight 3K824 today (22/6) from Shantou to Singapore, STD of 1820hrs, is being delayed for more than 18hrs due to the aircraft going tech in Shantou. Engine problems, according to my mum. Jetstar only provided biscuits and water during the initial 5hr delay, and had just arranged hotels for pax shortly before midnight. New STD of 1300hrs on 23/6 from Shantou.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I've just been looking at the comments on the Straits times.

It's made by people who don't really have an idea what is involved in airline operations and it's funny. The public flip flops between a "go at all costs" mentality and "I *** want to fly airline X cause unsafe"

Strange....

It's clear TZ handled this poorly, but it's the commentary that worries me more.

A 22 hour delay is bad but I've had ALL of the following

1)24 hour delays (ended up my MH4D flew pretty much alongside MH4 the next day the whole way to london)
          2)Cancellations
          3)Sit on tarmac for 6 hours without the APU running
          4)Lose slot and become number 94 for takeoff
          5)Board, deplane, board, deplane, board, deplane
          6)Swap plane for smaller one and suddenly there are duplicate boarding passes
          7)Diversions
          8)Go arounds
          9)RTO's
          10)Depressurisation and Oxygen Mask deployment

End of the day - I prefer to be alive than dead. And if the airline decides it's not flying because it's unsafe. I stay on the ground. Period.

You just gotta get a good book, calm down and be thankful you're not airborne in a plane that has known issues.

Comment

With a small sleet of 6 aircrafts, there's no way for Scoot to have any other spare metal capacity to even shortened the delays. The major issue and gripes of most of the passengers' complaints were that Scoot did not communicate with the affected passengers well enough with no clear explanation or constant follow ups and updates of the situation and this was worsen as there wasn't any Scoot staff in one of the delay at all.
            Scoot PR is as bad as they come - as this is not the first time that Scoot have encountered this and in fact there have been other incidents of such delays that have been reported before in the media and thereafter believed the CEO did apologized for the lack of communication and promised to change - but this recent episodes says otherwise as it still the same somewhat indifferent attitude of Scoot towards their affected passengers.
            In fact many if such passengers frustrations can be solved thorough just plain and simple effective PR and the main thing is to constantly to keep if passengers informed and updated and have immediate respond to basic care like the early provision of some food and drinks and a place to keep the passengers together. Seems here like Scoot staff are good at disappearing when such incidents occur. It is indeed sad to see S'pore registered LCCs like Tiger and Scoot having such a bad rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              Jetstar joined in the "fun"! My mum's flight 3K824 today (22/6) from Shantou to Singapore, STD of 1820hrs, is being delayed for more than 18hrs due to the aircraft going tech in Shantou. Engine problems, according to my mum. Jetstar only provided biscuits and water during the initial 5hr delay, and had just arranged hotels for pax shortly before midnight. New STD of 1300hrs on 23/6 from Shantou.
              Apparently 9V-JSQ is still stucked in SWA after 24hrs. My mum informd that they just had an aborted takeoff with heavy braking and returned to gate again. Scary...
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

i so want to say, "You get what you paid for, especially when things go wrong."

Funny in this PC-age, all the so-called journalists and letter-writers of the 90c and freebie newspapers just concentrate on how awful this was. Somehow they just conveniently forgot to mention the cheap fares these people paid, and oh, did they read the fine print.

This is the reason why, while i'm prepared to rough out contingencies travelling alone, I always fly SQ and pay flexi-fare when I travel with my kids.

Comment

http://mothership.sg/2015/06/dj-rozz...airline-sucks/

There's more to read in that one single comment than the entire article.

All these "social influencers" just seem to be playing on the grievances of the affected passengers to bolster their popularity rating.

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                    i so want to say, "You get what you paid for, especially when things go wrong."

Funny in this PC-age, all the so-called journalists and letter-writers of the 90c and freebie newspapers just concentrate on how awful this was. Somehow they just conveniently forgot to mention the cheap fares these people paid, and oh, did they read the fine print.

This is the reason why, while i'm prepared to rough out contingencies travelling alone, I always fly SQ and pay flexi-fare when I travel with my kids.
                    To be fair. Not all people in the same single flight pay at "cheap" price. By all means, paying cheap does not give the right for airline to handle the logistic poorly.

Otherwise, those people paying at offered price for full service airline should be "handle" differently too.

You pay less because you dont get food, bag allowance, odd timing, and may be smaller seat.

Comment

Working...
                    X