New PVG lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PVG lounge

I was surprised to be told at PVG that starting today, SQ is now inviting premium passengers and *G passengers to use the Air China lounge, which is lounge 71.

First impression was that this lounge is spacious and newish. But that good feeling was dashed once I learned they do not serve their hot food buffet outside of limited meal times. For example, I got to the lounge at 1:15pm (my flight was the 2:30pm flight), but the buffet was already empty. I saw a sign seeing lunch is not served past 1pm. The only food offerings were tiny sandwiches the size of a matchbox (seriously) and some small cake bits and a bread station with toast and butter.

In my opinion, this is ridiculous. Travellers often travel at odd times and need to eat at odd times. The old lounge was not anything special, but at least a hungry traveller could count on a few hot items, whatever time we happen to arrive at the lounge, to tide us over till we get on the plane. Also, an SQ lounge without hot food offerings is just out of the norm.

This leads me to ask, the next time I am in PVG, what *G lounges are better to visit?

From here:

"With effect from SQ827 on 29 April 2014, eligible customers travelling out of Shanghai Pudong International Airport will be invited to the Air China Lounge, which is operated by Star Alliance member Air China.

The Air China Lounge no. 71 is located on Level 4 Mezzanine Level (after clearing Immigration) near Cafe Deco, and is open daily between 0530hrs and 0130hrs.

Singapore Airlines customers travelling in First Class are invited to the Air China First Class Lounge, while customers travelling in Business Class as well as PPS Club, KrisFlyer Gold and Star Alliance Gold members travelling in Economy Class are invited to the Air China Business Class Lounge.

Invitations to the Air China Lounge are based on the prevailing Star Alliance member lounge access policies. Customers may refer to Star Alliance's website for more information."

Comment

Absolutely disgusting - what lounge?

The invite to the lounge was useless at PVG. You might as well not waste your time. What have you done SQ? No food, no shower, no aircon( or very little of it)
      I guess SQ doesn't want us flying from PVG!!
      I am interested to know other pax comments. Is this a sign of what's to come for other destinations??

Comment

Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
        The invite to the lounge was useless at PVG. You might as well not waste your time. What have you done SQ? No food, no shower, no aircon( or very little of it)
        I guess SQ doesn't want us flying from PVG!!
        I am interested to know other pax comments. Is this a sign of what's to come for other destinations??
        Hi Cashsuds, is this the Air China Lounge in PVG you visited? ? If it is the same one I visited the last time I was at PVG, I actually thought it wasn't too bad...

I didn't have time to check if there were showers, so agree that it would be a downer if there weren't any.

Food-wise, maybe it is the time you were there. When I was there, I had the impression it was in between meal times, hence the lack of food. Other Air China lounges I have been to (Beijing, Chongqing etc) have all had food...not GREAT food, mind you, but something to fill the stomach...

What I did appreciate was the full service bar. I thought the ambience and decor were fine too.

Comment

The CA lounge in PVG has decent décor, clean environment, and ample seats that are comfortable. Can't expect great food in any of these mass-market airport lounges, and it's CA, so what do you expect. It's no different from most of the *A lounges in the region.

Comment

There just wasn't any food. Surely SQ would have known that their pax were going to access the lounge during that time- From memory it was just after lunch. So why didn't they ask AC to extend the sessions??
            And, NO, there were no showers, and I had to come straight to the airport from a hot sweaty appointment, and all I wanted was to make sure I did not smell like a "pig" for the sake of my fellow paxs!!

Comment

Was in the lounge last night , its typical chinese lounge don't expect much. Food are also so so. But I did saw shower room on the dining floor upstairs.

Comment

There are showers in the F lounge and a small buffet spread. There is also a menu you can order off but the food is nothing to write home about. The bar area is normally mend by a bartender who zips off once in a while to do some other chores..
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Hi Cashsuds, is this the Air China Lounge in PVG you visited? ? If it is the same one I visited the last time I was at PVG, I actually thought it wasn't too bad...

I didn't have time to check if there were showers, so agree that it would be a downer if there weren't any.

Food-wise, maybe it is the time you were there. When I was there, I had the impression it was in between meal times, hence the lack of food. Other Air China lounges I have been to (Beijing, Chongqing etc) have all had food...not GREAT food, mind you, but something to fill the stomach...

What I did appreciate was the full service bar. I thought the ambience and decor were fine too.
                  I used that lounge on my recent return flight from PVG (Business class redemption), there were indeed showers which I used them before departure. They were pretty new. Just ask the attendant at the service counter inside the lounge on level 2 where the dining room is, you have to exchange your boarding pass for a key.
                  Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Working...
                  X