No announcement yet.

TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you need to go is go to their website and look at their "ontime" stats...pathetic...
    blog

Comment

this has gotta be the biggest joke in Singapore Aviation.

then again, I gotta give it to them though... they are extremely reliable when it comes to cancelling my flights. 4 out of 4.
      Last edited by alberttky; 28 October 2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Apparently in a desperate attempt to get them out of this mess Tiger are offering lucrative 6 months contracts for temporary pilots.

Comment

Checked the flight status for today, no flights cancelled so far, is TR safe to fly now?

Comment

TR seems to have finished rescheduling all their affected flights, that could be a reason no more cancelled flights appear.

But all my flights till Apr '11 are now booked with 3K. (But it's a bummer that it was a new bird.)

Comment

Deleted
              Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
                It hit turbulence in August when a wave of pilot resignations forced it to cancel numerous flights out of Singapore.

A few weeks later, there were more cancellations; over 40 flights were axed in four days because of an aircraft fault.

President and chief executive officer Tony Davis said yesterday: 'During the quarter, Tiger Airways Singapore experienced technical issues with two of its aircraft, which resulted in a number of flight cancellations and the airline incurring exceptional disruption costs.'
                I know I shouldn't be surprised but how hard faced can you get. The article correctly states that loads of pilots walked out, which as everyone knows caused all this trouble, yet Davis is still peddling the 'techincal fault on two aircraft' lie!.

I am convinced they are sharing SQ's PR staff!.

Comment

This is an absolute disgraceful airline with shameful management team. No concept of customer service whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                    This is an absolute disgraceful airline with shameful management team. No concept of customer service whatsoever.
                    AssSkew's bean counting+ template galore monkeys + Ryanass (Vertical Seats)= Pussy Airwaste.

Comment

• looks like AK also have need for pilots due more to its expansion but at least they do so much better than tiger which lost almost half their pilots through resignations :

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/as....html?hpt=Sbin

and on AK's history :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11647205

Comment

• During the quarter, Tiger Airways Singapore experienced technical issues with two of its aircraft, which resulted in a number of flight cancellations and the airline incurring exceptional disruption costs.
                        Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I know I shouldn't be surprised but how hard faced can you get. The article correctly states that loads of pilots walked out, which as everyone knows caused all this trouble, yet Davis is still peddling the 'techincal fault on two aircraft' lie!
                        Not exactly a "lie" but presumably commenting only on:

A few weeks later, there were more cancellations; over 40 flights were axed in four days because of an aircraft fault.
                        but saying nothing at all about the following!

It hit turbulence in August when a wave of pilot resignations forced it to cancel numerous flights out of Singapore.

Comment

• Tiger Airways relaunches S'pore-Bangalore flights

Tiger Airways relaunches S'pore-Bangalore flights

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...139691/1/.html

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                          Tiger Airways to stop Bangalore flights from 14 Nov

SINGAPORE: Budget carrier Tiger Airways has confirmed it is stopping services to Bangalore from 14 November. No reason has been given for the termination.

At present, the carrier operates four flights weekly to the Indian IT hub.

Tiger Airways has of late cancelled numerous other flights, leaving thousands of passengers stranded.

The woes have been attributed to aircraft problems and severe crew shortage.

Passengers affected by the latest service disruption have been notified to get their refunds and to look for other travel arrangements

Taken off Channel News Asia

Comment

Working...
                          X