No announcement yet.

SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, what kind of sh*tty and regressive UI design requires a page reload to enter login details?

Comment

I can't select "one way" as an option on the homepage when trying to redeem miles. From time to time the box gets checked but the return calendar is still visible and if I search for flights it still shows me return options.
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

A number of fails and disappointments...

New site seems to have killed off the PDF timetable. Call me old fashioned, but I like to have a document that shows me what is going on when all the interactive searches fail. And fail they have.

Go to the 'Where we fly' map. Leave the 'show partners' box unchecked. Apparently SQ now flies to NIM. Hope that route works out for them and capitalises on all the traffic between Niger and Singapore that has gone to competitors until now.

I checked the 'partners' box. I selected NKC as my origination and MEL as my destination. Clicked 'show flights'. None of the information populated into the next page and instead gave me "please select a valid departure city". Well maybe Nouakchott isn't a valid departure point, but then don't put it on your map!

I tried something easier for the little algorithms to manage. I thought that if I used SIN as my departure point, surely I could be connected to any city on the map. I picked SIN on the map and then clicked on Dakar. Up popped 'Dakar (DKR)' in the right field and it showed me a happy little curved line between the two cities. Clicked 'show flights'. "Please select a valid destination."

No, SQ, how about YOU select a valid destination!!!

Comment

May I ask has Singapore Airlines given up on Premium Economy less than 1 month after launch? There's no Premium Economy bookable on their website!

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            May I ask has Singapore Airlines given up on Premium Economy less than 1 month after launch? There's no Premium Economy bookable on their website!
            The new website is a mess. I have personally had more errors on it so far than I ever had in with the previous disaster of a site.

I tried a multi-city booking on my mobile and it kept insisting on adding another flight and saying I hadn't picked a destination. Kept deleting the extra flight off and it just kept adding it back.

Got on my desktop and managed to pick cities and get a quote. Hit the 3-day fare-calendar and it appears as a jumbled incomprehensible mess of tabs with nothing lining up and trying to then go back to the set of flights generates errors which then crashes the whole search.

Well done SQ for proving you could out-do yourself after the last failure.

Comment

Yup agree, who would have thought it could get worse after 3+ years of mediocrity? Proven wrong again, having a good hard product and very decent inflight services (mostly) is one thing. A working, easy to use and stable direct sales channel is a nice to have I guess.

Comment

it's a downgrade. a half-baked improvement (or is it a downgrade). just as they finished rectifying the old website's errors, they are creating a new problems. if it an't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                  if it an't broke, don't fix it.

The last one was still broken. The new one is more broken and I've seen a few epic fails on it already not flying to places they say don't even exist.

Comment

I was under the impression that they wanted to roll-out the new website in July, but it still seems to be a patchwork of old and new website (and a quite messy one). Seems they didn't learn anything from their previous disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      I was under the impression that they wanted to roll-out the new website in July, but it still seems to be a patchwork of old and new website (and a quite messy one). Seems they didn't learn anything from their previous disaster.
                      Summed up perfectly!

Comment

seems the PE is all gone because of the recent news of delays. I tried to re-book (mock) my flight on PE (which was not affected by the delay according to the announcement) and PE is not available anymore. Perhaps they are expecting more delay?

Comment

I can't get the homepage to resize at all to my mobile's screen but logging into my account, the old version page resizes fine.

Don't blame my Windows Phone ��

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            I can't remember the last time I saw PE in the drop down box on the new website.

Comment

Been trying to access the website for the last 30 mins and all I get is this -

Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
                              Singapore Airlines

Comment

^ Yup, website crashed on me during the payment process a few mins ago.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X