Changi Terminal 1 Viewing Mall Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
    I really like the observation deck on the roof of CHC where the only barrier between you and the aircraft is a stomach-high grille, and at Wellington you can walk up right to the gate even if you aren't flying (think the transit shopping area at Changi becoming public and you get the idea). Unfortunately in SIN where security is so tight one can only dream...
    It'd be more than a dream to walk up to the gate areasin changi
    If i remember correctly, my hometown's small ittle airport (Kagoshima) doesn't have a fence blocking the views just a waist/tummy high barrier

Comment

How is the overall progress on T1 coming along though, the last time I was there, in August over a two week period on AirAsia and picking up friends on Jetstar it looked quite dishevelled, and a bit messy. Though one thing I must commend Changi Airport for is that despite the messiness, everything still worked perfectly, with little to no slowdowns felt at all.

Comment

It's now very much better... however one of the immigration checkpoints (nearer to the skytrains) is still being upgraded and looks terrible...

Comment

Was there today, VM still under renovation. Entrance 1 of the departure hall has been reopened so now we know how the new entrances look like...T3 style double doors.

Comment

Wow, what a big change from the T1 of my memories! Yes, Swensens was definitely great. But the low ceilings were not competitive compared to other East Asian airports with much more impressive architecture and soaring ceilings.

Comment

Was there today, VM still under renovation. Entrance 1 of the departure hall has been reopened so now we know how the new entrances look like...T3 style double doors.
              will there be any VM? Was at the T1 about end of Oct, I can only see the Departure hall from Aston. Saw some work on the other side. But wonder will it be able to see the airplane.

I am very impress with the VM in KLIA
              Last edited by lingua101; 12 November 2010, 05:07 PM.
              visit my blog

Comment

The viewing mall is set to open in about a week's time. Seat's are already built. Should be opening VERY soon

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  The viewing mall is set to open in about a week's time. Seat's are already built. Should be opening VERY soon
                  Will we ever get back the view on one of the runways just like old times?
                  ________
                  Grape Ape Marijuana Strain
                  Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    will there be any VM? Was at the T1 about end of Oct, I can only see the Departure hall from Aston. Saw some work on the other side. But wonder will it be able to see the airplane.
                    Yes there will be a viewing mall. And it has a single layer of glass.

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                    Highly unlikely. I dare say no.

Comment

The answer is a definite no.

But at least we will have single layered glass and some great shots of the tarmac + a/c pushing back and taxi-ing across the viewing mall

Comment

Latest as at 16 Nov 2010.

I am stilling putting a little hope based on my bias judgment that the viewing mall will stretch further to the left which will end up in front of the runway!
                        ________
                        Cx500
                        Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Latest as at 16 Nov 2010.

I am stilling putting a little hope based on my bias judgment that the viewing mall will stretch further to the left which will end up in front of the runway!
                          I was at the viewing mall today and saw seats being installed to the floor. Doesn't seem like long now! I'm just relieved they didn't go with the "Changi Aviation Gallery" design as they did with T2 and T3. They create such "jungle gym" designs and expect children not to climb on them.
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

[IMG]I am stilling putting a little hope based on my bias judgment that the viewing mall will stretch further to the left which will end up in front of the runway!
                            I really don't want to throw a bucket of cold water on your hopes (which are mine too) but the Emirates lounge (which sits on the old VM facing the runway) is still there according to airport maps.

Comment

I really don't want to throw a bucket of cold water on your hopes (which are mine too) but the Emirates lounge (which sits on the old VM facing the runway) is still there according to airport maps.
                              okok, in that case I have to accept
                              ________
                              Buy vaporgenie
                              Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

[IMG]I am stilling putting a little hope based on my bias judgment that the viewing mall will stretch further to the left which will end up in front of the runway!
                                Nope , unfortunately it doesn't.

Here's the prove

You can see the end of the VM.

Comment

Working...
                                X