Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Brilliant!.

I know there are those who will point to the security aspect of this, which they are doing, but the rest of the world has had this stuff going on for years and I can't recall it making the front page headlines in the news.

It's things like this that make Singapore the great little place it is.
    This is not just security issue. It also a reflection of how is the worker attitude in Singapore. Imagine the paiting was not detected before the train services started a day after.

What if this is a bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Probably the two were on a DARE, and were probably pissed out of the minds when they did this.
      Managed to cut through the barbed wires and also engaged in some creative artwork while they're pissed? I thought the graffiti on the train was quite nice. Isn't graffiti artwork the latest in-thing in some countries?

But since the moran had no respect for public property (is the MRT a public property?) and broke the rules in Singapore, he should be caned! Deservedly too. Would be interesting to see the public outcry from some people about this... inhumane treatment... no human rights... blah blah blah...

I can also see the reactions from Swiss nationals (alamak Swiss immigration! ) when they know I'm from Singapore! "You are from that strange little city state which dared to flog the soft bare bottom of one of our citizens! Such cruelty!''

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Cane him! Show 'em what we're famous for

And the LTA too should get a big spanking for allowing this to happen. Fine, SMRT manages the depot but public transport is their responsibility, and this could have been more serious than a grafitti artiste. I have faith they'll step up security after the review that's going on now.

About the Romanian case it was different because of his Diplomatic Immunity but still our Foreign Ministry fought it out hard and the last I hard was he was arrested in Romania. That's still an on-going battle but I'm pleasantly surprised how well its been going.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            And he ran all the way out of the country !
            If this Swiss guy ran back to Switzerland can they still get him there? Too bad he got arrested before he could run

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

As much as vandalism isn't to be tolerated, I would think caning is unjustified, even for the most serious of offences.

Besides, if it were a female who vandalised the trains, she would unfairly be let off with a simple sentence under the exemption of females from caning! It just simply doesn't make sense! Else, we'd get the women's rights group all up in arms again.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                  The guy probably learnt his lesson as its unlikely he will find employment on singapore soil in the short to medium term.
                  He's been suspended from his job

Fricker is now out on a $100,000 bail.

His employer, Comit AG, an IT consultancy firm, said Fricker is suspended, pending the outcome of investigations.

Comment

SMRT says staff mistook graffiti on train for advert - Unbelievable!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...061853/1/.html

SMRT has explained why there was a lapse of two days before a police report was made about the train that was vandalised with graffiti.

The company said its staff noticed the graffiti on the train on 17 May but did not sound the alarm as it was done artistically and they mistook it for an advertisement.

SMRT's deputy director for security and emergency planning, Choy Kin Chong, said: "They (staff) thought it was a commercial wrap, likewise several members of the public also spotted the graffiti but we did not receive any report."

The alarm was raised two days later on 19 May at 4pm by maintenance staff when the train was recalled to the workshop for scheduled maintenance.

A police report was made then and investigations led to a discovery of the security breach at Changi Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Managed to cut through the barbed wires and also engaged in some creative artwork while they're pissed? I thought the graffiti on the train was quite nice. Isn't graffiti artwork the latest in-thing in some countries?

But since the moran had no respect for public property (is the MRT a public property?) and broke the rules in Singapore, he should be caned! Deservedly too. Would be interesting to see the public outcry from some people about this... inhumane treatment... no human rights... blah blah blah...

I can also see the reactions from Swiss nationals (alamak Swiss immigration! ) when they know I'm from Singapore! "You are from that strange little city state which dared to flog the soft bare bottom of one of our citizens! Such cruelty!''
                      I think Swiss government has put up the stand to respect Singapore's law as in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                        What if this is a bomb?
                        But of course!. If in doubt, use the magic 'T' or 'B' word...

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        SMRT says staff mistook graffiti on train for advert - Unbelievable!

Comment

I dont think we have a train in Melbourne that doesnt have some form of graffiti on it. Obviously we are all at risk of dying in a train bomb, best avoid all trains.
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

When I was going through the Swiss Customs, I was singled out from my Caucasian travelling business companions. They did a very thorough search including this guy who put on a plastic glove and started to touch my private parts.

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                                The article also mentions more security cameras.

I think its no secret that ever since the privatisation of the transport companies, the goal is to maximise profits through any means possible.

I resent the fact that fares increase almost on a yearly basis and i wonder if i will hear complaints next of the company increasing fares excessively and justify it under " increased security needs".
                                Whilst the system is not perfect and I may at times complain about, I am appreciative of the fact that the governing body has done well to raise the standard of living of many us. I doubt I will be where I am in the case of many other governments.

Comment

Working...
                                X