Shanghai Airport H1N1 Preventive Measures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai Airport H1N1 Preventive Measures

I understand that China enforce strict inspection and quarantine proceeds for passengers that have or suspected to have H1N1 flu. Basically, what happens was that when an airplane landed, medical personels will board the plane and check anyone with temperature. If found, those 3 rows behind and back are quarantine.

But I read recently that Shanghai has waived these temperatures checked on the plane and only patients confirmed with H1N1 will be quarantined. Can anyone who has recently been to Shanghai confirmed this?

I travel via PVG very often and can confirm that the on-board temperature checks on arrival is no longer carried out since late July.
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

The crew on SQ said it was still ongoing on a flight to PEK a few days ago but upon arrival... nope, nobody boarded and everyone had to go through a mass herding gate instead. So, one could assume this no longer applies. However if you tick 'yes' in any of the boxes with symptoms they will take you aside and test your temperature etc. before deciding to let you go or not.

Of course, nobody bothered ticking yes, except me (stuffy nose).

Anyway, I got past the temperature check after a very worried-looking (and very young) doctor inspected me.

Cue typical Chinese chaos coupled with Singaporean kiasu-ism. Not pretty.

Comment

Thanks! I also asked my staff to check with SQ in Shanghai directly and the onboard temperature checks and quarantine are no longer followed.

I've been delaying my business trip any times bec I can't afford to get quarantine. Guess it's now "safe" to goto Shanghai again.

Comment

Working...
        X