Priority Pass Lounges in SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    The Plaza Premium (PP) Lounge at T3 is at the Landside area. I used to pass by there before I got my Priority Pass. About a month ago, I still see the PP Lounge at T3 listed at the Priority Pass and PP websites. Now, they are gone also..
    I've was not aware of a lounge landside at T3, or anywhere at Changi for that matter. Where exactly is/was this place then ?.

The Priority Pass Lounge for T3 is the Ambassador Transit Lounge, and this is still listed as such on the PP website under Singapore and T3.

Comment

Last I checked there is one Landside near the T3 Arrivals mate..

I'll be surprised if it gets much usage at all..

Comment

Just been to plaza premium lounge T2. Is sad dark and old. The food consist of tired salad bar and packaged sandwiches.

Skyview lounge:

Airy and bright. Above the bookshop. Food = braised beef v v decent. V decent choice of 2 whites and 2 reds.

I love it! I am glad 3K was delayed for 4 hours that day. Kyo = we met on the way to my gate. That was a short trip to PEK!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, khanomjeen! Finally you made it here from FT

My old LX182-loving buddy

Comment

Kyo

I just become Singaporean na. So I join SQTalk.

Kop kun for so much nice trip reports. See you again at Changi

Comment

The Skyview lounge is totally acceptable. It does indeed have free alcohol and free showers, although the showers seem a bit dated, not at all stylish or luxurious as some airport showers. I like the sitting areas with a view down over the bookstore for people watching.

On the negative side, it's pretty small and I haven't been very impressed by the food.

I'm not sure it deserves a Priority Pass award overall.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                The Skyview lounge is totally acceptable. It does indeed have free alcohol and free showers, although the showers seem a bit dated, not at all stylish or luxurious as some airport showers. I like the sitting areas with a view down over the bookstore for people watching.

On the negative side, it's pretty small and I haven't been very impressed by the food.

I'm not sure it deserves a Priority Pass award overall.
                Well it's a lot better than the lounge PP uses in T3.
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

PPL is closed for good... (reinvented itself as the Green Mkt at another location)

Another lounge operator is taking over the previous location.

Comment

sabian, any idea what the food offering is like at the new Green Market?
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The food offerings at Green Market are superior to anything you'd find in the lounges in terms of healthy food. I popped in the other week to take a look but I do have a picture of the front to keep you all interested... (will upload tonight)

One example, tataki tuna... and grilled chicken (iirc), there's a full-on proper restaurant-style set menu (each entry gets you one set) in addition to the full-service 'rather healthy' buffet. I didn't check what (alcoholic) beverages there were...

To be honest, if it was for food-offerings alone - I'd go to Green Market now every time. I'm actually curious to see if this is applicable for Priority Pass Unlimited (I only asked the staff about the basic PP last time)... if it is, this is going to be my new default choice for food. Need to eat healthier...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        The food offerings at Green Market are superior to anything you'd find in the lounges in terms of healthy food. I popped in the other week to take a look but I do have a picture of the front to keep you all interested... (will upload tonight)

One example, tataki tuna... and grilled chicken (iirc), there's a full-on proper restaurant-style set menu (each entry gets you one set) in addition to the full-service 'rather healthy' buffet. I didn't check what (alcoholic) beverages there were...

To be honest, if it was for food-offerings alone - I'd go to Green Market now every time. I'm actually curious to see if this is applicable for Priority Pass Unlimited (I only asked the staff about the basic PP last time)... if it is, this is going to be my new default choice for food. Need to eat healthier...
                        Normally healthy does not equate to delicious!!

I do not think there will be a difference between PP Unlimited and pay-per-use as the lounge still gets the same amount of money from PP per pax.

Comment

To each their own, but the offerings did sound tasty and comparable to a normal dining-in restaurant. Prepared ala carte also instead of mass produced like in the lounges... TPR notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I'm actually curious to see if this is applicable for Priority Pass Unlimited (I only asked the staff about the basic PP last time)
                            AFAIK, what type of PP it is has nothing at all to do with the lounge - the lounge just knows that it's a PP and charges PP accordingly. The type of PP only determines whether the user has to pay or not.

(One of the great benefits of the UK Amex chargecard (with £300 annual fee) being two PP unlimited cards plus other bennies!)

Comment

On the cc statement I received y'day, they specifically highlight that the Green Market is available as a replacement for Plaza Premium closing down. Sweet!

Of course, if a shower is required, that still means a bit of a trek to the Skyview...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                                sabian, any idea what the food offering is like at the new Green Market?
                                Not very inspiring if you are used to the TPR (sounds like a "died and gone to heaven" kind of place whenever I think abt Kyo's Adventures in the TPR) or SKL.

It tries to pass itself off as a Jap inspired resto.

I doubt many would actually pay S$31.50 for a salad/ fruit buffet plus a main (shredded beef fried rice/ veg tempura/ salmon sashimi/ california roll/ makarel with rice), drink (aloe green tea/ barley with lime) and tea/ coffee.

The good thing is that the food on salad buffet bar looks and taste fresh, I have seen some other places that make me turn back when I am 2m to the salad bar.

I have a liking for Jap/ Korean (whole short grain) type of rice so it's nice that they use that for their fried rice but the actual dish is nothing to shout about.

The plus side is if you really want a quiet joint, this is a good place to be.

I will be back there this Sat for lunch though courtesy of PP.

Comment

Working...
                                X