new airlines at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSF View Post
    you may be pleased to know that SATS is building a premium lounge for china eastern, united, jet airways P and J pax, Qatar airways is building their own dedicated lounge
    Ha! UA people on TOF won't be too pleased with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
      you may be pleased to know that SATS is building a premium lounge for china eastern, united, jet airways P and J pax, Qatar airways is building their own dedicated lounge
      Still, I believe UA pax would be able to use the SQ Lounge too.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
        Still, I believe UA pax would be able to use the SQ Lounge too.
        By Default, Yes. After all, which UA F pax would go to a lounge filled with 3 airlines and Biz class paz when they can use the best lounge in T3?

that my theory

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          According to PM LHL, T4 would be ready by 2012!
          That's not practical! CAAS should focus on filling the existing terminals' capacity before building T4. Look at the total no. of passengers that passed through Changi in 2007, it's only 36 million out of 44 million before T3 was opened. Now that T3 has opened, maximum capacity becomes 64-70 million, which means that Changi still has a long way to go before it can reach that capacity.

Anyway, when T4 opens, which airlines are going to use it? If SIA is going to use it, it better be big enough so it does not have to split up operations between terminals like what it is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQalMundo View Post
            Anyway, when T4 opens, which airlines are going to use it? If SIA is going to use it, it better be big enough so it does not have to split up operations between terminals like what it is doing now.
            Anyway, it's a wee bit premature to begin the speculations. Let's try to have a forum that's on the informative side, OK?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That's not practical! CAAS should focus on filling the existing terminals' capacity before building T4. Look at the total no. of passengers that passed through Changi in 2007, it's only 36 million out of 44 million before T3 was opened. Now that T3 has opened, maximum capacity becomes 64-70 million, which means that Changi still has a long way to go before it can reach that capacity.

It's called planning for the future.

Comment

Look at the total no. of passengers that passed through Changi in 2007, it's only 36 million out of 44 million before T3 was opened. Now that T3 has opened, maximum capacity becomes 64-70 million, which means that Changi still has a long way to go before it can reach that capacity.
                And what was the number of passengers handled by Changi back in 1990 when Terminal 2 opened? 15.6 million, when Terminal 1 could easily still handle that. So Changi in 1990 would be just as "empty" since it filled up only 35% of its capacity, making the opening of Terminal 2 a similarly unsound decision?
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I wouldn't think anyone would want a LHR like situation where the terminals are all overloaded before someone decides that its time to build another terminal. Changi also has to compete with KUL and BKK as regional hubs, airlines can always turn to another airport if they're not happy with the situation, and Changi loses airlines. Also, I think more terminals each running comfortably at maybe 3/4 capacity, less hassle for passengers and staff, and less baggage loss. Everyone's happy.

Comment

But the situation at LHR is more an issue of runway capacity. Imagine just two runways in LHR handling 481,476 aircraft movements in 2007 compared to 221,000 in Changi.

Comment

Out of my two expriences out of Changi T3 I have found the airprt to actually literally be EMPTY with less than 100 people present. I think that Star Alliance should keep T2, Singapore Airlines at T3 and the rest of the airlines at T1. I don't think there would be much point in building a T4 EVEN IF they're trying to plan for the future. I think that the airport authorities should keep their money for something more valuable. This should also bring down the airport tax. Maybe the et money ould go towards renovating T1. I was ther yesterday and I am not suprised that Singapore has only won best airport twice in the last decade. T1 is simply tacky!
                      Thanks
                      Viraj
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                        Out of my two expriences out of Changi T3 I have found the airprt to actually literally be EMPTY with less than 100 people present. I think that Star Alliance should keep T2, Singapore Airlines at T3 and the rest of the airlines at T1. I don't think there would be much point in building a T4 EVEN IF they're trying to plan for the future. I think that the airport authorities should keep their money for something more valuable. This should also bring down the airport tax. Maybe the et money ould go towards renovating T1. I was ther yesterday and I am not suprised that Singapore has only won best airport twice in the last decade. T1 is simply tacky!
                        Thanks
                        Viraj
                        Well, it would really depend on what time were you at the airport. I believe T3 is pretty much alive at night, although like what you have mentioned, it is literally dead in the afternoon. It was once mentioned that the reason behind the dual-terminal operation is due to the fact that T3 has insufficient gates to handle all of SQ's flights. However, it could be feasible to shift airlines with predominantly day operations to T3.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          Well, it would really depend on what time were you at the airport. I believe T3 is pretty much alive at night, although like what you have mentioned, it is literally dead in the afternoon. It was once mentioned that the reason behind the dual-terminal operation is due to the fact that T3 has insufficient gates to handle all of SQ's flights. However, it could be feasible to shift airlines with predominantly day operations to T3.
                          T3 has less about 10 gates less than T2.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                            Maybe the et money ould go towards renovating T1. I was ther yesterday and I am not suprised that Singapore has only won best airport twice in the last decade. T1 is simply tacky!
                            Thanks
                            Viraj
                            If you are not already aware, T1 is currently undergoing extensive renovations to bring it up to the standards of T2 and T3.

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                              If you are not already aware, T1 is currently undergoing extensive renovations to bring it up to the standards of T2 and T3.
                              Just one question: Is the pool on the roof of T1 going to stay?
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

T3 is also dead after 1130pm

Comment

Working...
                                X