Transit Hotel Making Me Angry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ77WMEL View Post
    Well i still havent heard anything so i dropped them another email i dont have time to ring them, i have exams at the moment. So either they reply to my email, or i just turn up on the day!

On another note, im flying SQ, which hotel will i be at, terminal 1 or 2? I forgot
    Hmm looked like you are a difficult to handle kind of customer. Perhaps you need a personal assistance to make the phone calls for you!

Just don't get your hope much in getting the room at transit hotel. By turning up on the day, there are so many factors involved. As I said, this year my requests for a room at transit hotel were not successful. Too full. In one or two occasion, when I put myself in the waitlist at the desk, I got a room but sharing bath and shower, which is for me would be the same as my Hotel SKL.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      sharing bath and shower, which is for me would be the same as my Hotel SKL.
      I didn't think the Hotel SKL's showers are big enough for more than one! Perhaps it's only the F side ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        I didn't think the Hotel SKL's showers are big enough for more than one! Perhaps it's only the F side ?
        Regarding transit hotel, what I meant by sharing shower/bath, is that the cheapest room available, is just a room. So when the guest needs to go to the bathroom or to go to shower, he or she has to go out from the room and walking down the hallway to do so.

For hotel SKL F side, I think the shower would fit for two persons at least. Of course it is nothing compare to FCT or FCL LH in FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          Regarding transit hotel, what I meant by sharing shower/bath, is that the cheapest room available, is just a room. So when the guest needs to go to the bathroom or to go to shower, he or she has to go out from the room and walking down the hallway to do so.
          Like a Japanese ryokan then ? Rooms only and everybody has to walk down the hallway to use the shared toilets and bathrooms (one for males and and one for females). Shower yourself clean and then jump naked into the hot bath along with your fellow guests.

Comment

You are dreaming! Well it's Sunday...
            Remember we talk about Singapore here.

Comment

hahahah well i only really just want a place to sit down in QUIET between my flights. And maybe nap a little.

Hopefully they bloody reply

Comment

Well they just replied......and even though i booked about 6 weeks in advance, there wasnt any availability for next Saturday

Well....looks like the plan backfired

Anyone particularly recommend any of the activities at SIN? Im there too early to do the city tour. Im there 5:25am till 11:20am

Comment

When I was there last time, I booked standard room but somehow they put my name in budget room list so I complained and they said "Well, you will just have to take it sir, do you want it or not?" (-_-)

God, budget room is so pain in the butt to have a shower.

Comment

One option.......

Well they just replied......and even though i booked about 6 weeks in advance, there wasnt any availability for next Saturday

Well....looks like the plan backfired

Anyone particularly recommend any of the activities at SIN? Im there too early to do the city tour. Im there 5:25am till 11:20am
                    There is a pool area which I thought was fine....Take your bathing suit and have a swim and relax, they also have showers.

Comment

If you are in for a rest, do try out the Oasis Lounge opposite Gate E11. They have recliners with an alarm clock to wake you up for your connecting flight. It's often quiet and serene during that hour. It's free by the way, hope this helps.
                      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Ok....has anybody used the "Plaza premium lounge" ?? I just found their site of the changi website, it looks ok. Fairly expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          They have recliners with an alarm clock to wake you up for your connecting flight.
                          I think DeltaFlyingProf needs one of these!

Comment

Ok....has anybody used the "Plaza premium lounge" ?? I just found their site of the changi website, it looks ok. Fairly expensive though.
                            Sadly, I have not. But they have this 'Oxygen Therapy' service that I find it amusing. Can you imagine paying to breathe oxygen? I know it's definitely not just pure oxygen, there must be some other special functions or effects for it. But the thought of it is just funny.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

The lounge can get crowded in the early morning, because many passengers take advantage of the pay-for-use feature to take a shower and grab some nibbles.

It's an OK place to get away from the bustle of the terminal, but there isn't a good selection of newspapers. The food selection is decent enough but only non-alcoholic drinks are featured.

My favorite reason for going there is to get a back massage. Very relaxing. (I think the first appointment is at 7 am, or thereabouts.)
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                                There is a pool area which I thought was fine....Take your bathing suit and have a swim and relax, they also have showers.
                                This is my favourite part of Changi and the place I visit the most other than the SKL, even though it's in T1.

SQ327 tends to get in between 6.00 & 6.30. Quick visit to the SKL then a nice walk down to T1 where this opens at 07.00. There is rarely anyone else there at that time so you can sit outside and watch the day begin in a relatively tranquil setting.

SQ77WMEL, I just wanted to check that you do know that there is a Transit Hotel in both terminals at Changi, are they both full ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X