Approaches into Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    If landing on 02C - LHS - views of all 3 terminals, RHS - view of the road and a couple of spotters about to be chased away by cops
    That sounds like yours truly.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Which side of the plane provide you with nice view?

When landing at SIN, wondering which side of the plane has better/interesting views of the city, airport, etc? I'm flying in at 7am from Frankfurt in two days.

Thanks.

Comment

It depends which approach your plane takes to land at Changi. More details here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788

Comment

Thanks, jhm.

Merged.

Comment

By far the best views are if the approach is from the west and south of singapore before arriving at RWY 02L or 02C, in which case, a seat on the left as you skirt the southern coast. If the approach is from the north into 20C/20R ... you get a a special "palm oil estate view"

Comment

For Singapore Changi, winds favour 02L and 02C for 6 mths and then 20C and 20R for the remaining 6 mths due to the monsoon. Currently it's the 02L/02C season. You probably see the 20C/20R in use in June.

Departing runway by default is 02C/20C and arrival runway is 02L/20R. Of course, ATC will try to help aircraft have shorter taxi times on the ground whenever possible. (Eg, offering 02C/20C for landing at non peak periods if they are going to be parked at T2)

All mentioned STARs are the planned routing and more often then not, aircraft are flown off the STAR. (I think ATC finds it easier to control aircraft that way). However their route would still be pretty close to the STAR track.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                (Eg, offering 02C/20C for landing at non peak periods if they are going to be parked at T2)
                I never have luck like this - especially when I have a short connection, murphy and his set of statutes will strike - with my luck i'll end up landing on 02L rolling down 3/4's of the way, and having to taxi all the way past the northcross before doubling back to F60

Comment

Seriously?

You probably landed at peak timings around 5-8pm. That's probably why they didn't get 02C.

F60 is the worst gate ever!!!Freaking far!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                    Seriously?

You probably landed at peak timings around 5-8pm. That's probably why they didn't get 02C.

F60 is the worst gate ever!!!Freaking far!!!

F60 is not in singapore. It's so far away I'm sure it's actually on Indonesian soil.

Comment

Thanks guys. Thanks jhm for the link. I just did the online check-in and reserved the 14A (left side) on SQ25. I'm leaving (IAD) tonight and will be arriving in SIN Friday morning. Will try to take some pictures.

Comment

unless something really weird happens..you probably can expect the bobag 1A arrival arama transistion..probably land 02L..should be able to get a nice view of the singapore coast line sitting on the left..can look out for bedok jetty..

Originally posted by kan148 View Post
                        Thanks guys. Thanks jhm for the link. I just did the online check-in and reserved the 14A (left side) on SQ25. I'm leaving (IAD) tonight and will be arriving in SIN Friday morning. Will try to take some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          F60 is not in singapore. It's so far away I'm sure it's actually on Indonesian soil.
                          I thought E3 was bad enuff when PVG used to depart from T2 before T3 opened. Uncannily whenever I had to do this hop in 2007, the darn aircraft like to depart from this gate, and its like a once a month affair I am doing these trips. Had to use muscles rub to soothe those achey calfs.

Was it me or does ATC hate me

Comment

A different approach into Changi today from KUL on SQ107 - down way west of singapore island, over some small islands, then turning left for long finals onto 02L - did not get anywhere near downtown singapore.

True to form - Vacated 02L at W5 (very near northcross3) then doubling back over the southcross onto F54..... another lengthy taxi...

Comment

Usually when i fly into Changi I'd land on the runway adjacent to T2, where you get a view of the ships below. I presume it's 02C?

Comment

Just back from Tokyo on SQ11 last week. Landed on 02L at 1am, seated on the right hand side was so amazing. As we got nearer to the airport, we turned finals and saw the two runways and changi airport lit up so beautifully, furthermore while landing we saw the golf course and touchdown we saw aircraft parked at t3. That's why i prefer the right =) Just my 2 cents though.

Comment

Working...
                                X