Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Haze at the moment then ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOL-ed...
    Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    While walking through the Garden of Eden, Adam saw God at work and asked, "God, what are you doing?"

"I am making a country called Singapore. I am placing her near the equator so the weather is always warm and sunny, and her people will never suffer bitter cold nor unforgiving desert heat. She will also always be protected from any natural disasters. Her location will be strategically supreme so she will flourish as one of the world's busiest ports, travel spots, and business and education hubs. Her size will be compact yet optimal to set the stage for political and economic excellence, allowing for low crime rates and high living standards for a truly multi-cultural, well-educated and highly skilled developed country.

"Wow," said Adam, "But, God, why are you making Singapore so perfect?"

"Ha!" God replied, "Wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving her..."

Comment

I see it's over 400 now, which is not good. I'll give Singapore a miss next week then. How bad is it in KL ?. I'm due there for a couple of meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I see it's over 400 now, which is not good. I'll give Singapore a miss next week then. How bad is it in KL ?. I'm due there for a couple of meetings.
        It's not 400 now. It's ONLY 168. Wind is expected to move from a wester to a southerly over the next 18 hours ... and expected to be so till Tuesday at least. So it should be wonderful start in Singapore next week. At least it will be clearer days - with some luck below PSI 100.

Comment

KL's okay - hovering around 85 which is relatively mild, nowhere near as bad as
          Singapore.

You can see the scores for malaysia here:

http://www.doe.gov.my/webportal/en

Just choose the relevant date.

Comment

There are a few occasions where the reading was around the 400 mark.
            In a country where over 60% of the economy is controlled by the government, there appears to be reluctance by the administration to act sooner due to cost considerations.

For example, it took 2 days of consecutive high readings for a decision to be made that free masks be given to only needy households. Its also not compulsory for companies to provide safety equipment. There is no specific penalty or monetary penalty if workers work in the current environment.

I have worked in jurisdictions where there is forest fires and bush fires and normally there is a corporate decision to send people home on several occasions.

But having said that, no flights have been diverted and there is no media report of increased traffic accidents.

Comment

I am getting conflicting reports of the PSI increasing on the one hand and decreasing on the other. What is the real trend then?

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              While walking through the Garden of Eden, Adam saw God at work and asked, "God, what are you doing?"

"I am making a country called Singapore. I am placing her near the equator so the weather is always warm and sunny, and her people will never suffer bitter cold nor unforgiving desert heat. She will also always be protected from any natural disasters. Her location will be strategically supreme so she will flourish as one of the world's busiest ports, travel spots, and business and education hubs. Her size will be compact yet optimal to set the stage for political and economic excellence, allowing for low crime rates and high living standards for a truly multi-cultural, well-educated and highly skilled developed country.

"Wow," said Adam, "But, God, why are you making Singapore so perfect?"

"Ha!" God replied, "Wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving her..."
              Just saw this now but it made my day!

Comment

Surprisingly, we are getting quite a nice wind blowing e dust away at the moment with blue skies over most of Central (incouding Orchard Rd) and East SG, at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Surprisingly, we are getting quite a nice wind blowing e dust away at the moment with blue skies over most of Central (incouding Orchard Rd) and East SG, at least...
                  See #18.

Comment

post deleted
                    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      It's not 400 now. It's ONLY 168. Wind is expected to move from a wester to a southerly over the next 18 hours ... and expected to be so till Tuesday at least. So it should be wonderful start in Singapore next week. At least it will be clearer days - with some luck below PSI 100.
                      If I had followed the local newspapers, I would have left the country like a lot of people did.

But our weatherman on SQTalk predicted otherwise

Thanks CarbonMan. Had a great haze free weekend in an empty city

Comment

The front page of the New Straits Jacket in KL yesterday said 'State of Emergency', but it doesn't strike me as being that bad.

Comment

The front page of the New Straits Jacket in KL yesterday said 'State of Emergency', but it doesn't strike me as being that bad.
                          It was awful in two areas of the southern state - with API readings exceeding 700. The government declared an emergency in those areas though they were lifted soon after.

Comment

When it hazes, it hails in Singapore...

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...apore-20130625

Comment

Interesting - related to cloud seeding or just the greater presence of condensation nuclei from the haze I wonder?

Comment

NEA says not related to cloud seeding, I saw some videos from the day and one in particular showed very strong winds blowing away plastic hawker centre chairs, must have been an awesome storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X