Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Haze at the moment then ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is the Haze at the moment then ?

Is it any different to previous years as we seem to have these spats over this annually. It's made the BBC and a number of other news outlets in the UK today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22982018

It's much worse than before. 1.5x worse.

Here's the blow-by-blow on the hour, every hour:

http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

Comment

It's pretty awful up north here. I can only imagine how bad it is past the causeway.

Comment

Extremely bad.

Many companies have declared work-from-home until further notice.
        Food delivery companies have suspended deliveries.
        While its school holidays now, the return to school date may be pushed back.

Comment

Yes, we too have declared optional work-from-home, though I'm not sure if the latter is better. As our office is in one of the newer buildings in Marina Bay, the filtration is quite good. We have given out both N95 and surgical masks. Till tomorrow, we are offering free catered lunches to those staff who has decided to come in.

But stepping outside, one immediately starts getting stinging sensations in the nose, throat and eyes. Smokers have disappeared from the side streets ... and I think many have either reduced or resorted to illegally smoking in the stairwells.

Visibility is most below 1km and at certain periods below 500m. But that doesn't tell half the story how hazardous the air is now.

Looking at the WindFinder website, we may only see some clearer skies late Saturday when the slow crawling westerly becomes a slow crawling southerly.

Comment

amidst this haze, i found some jokes:
            "Singapore should not be behaving like a child making all this noise"

Comment

i cat'n queit see myy keybord anf screen to replu claerly...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                i cat'n queit see myy keybord anf screen to replu claerly...
                HUGE AL

Comment

I was living in KL the last time it was really bad, and this is right up there. Today is the first day I'm feeling an itchy throat though my eyes have been feeling it a day or two already.

I love the fact the Indonesian minister says......'But it is also SG and MY companies involved with the burning.' Really? Then it's all the EASIER for you to inflict punishment and fines then you Muppet. The ONLY reason you don't do anything is because you know 90% of the problems come from companies owned by Ministers and/or their relatives. We're not idiots.

Comment

Just did this snapshot on Changi Airport's weather. Visibility 0m. PSI 400 - another record high.

Comment

Here is what it looked like on Tuesday morning at around 9.30am around KUL...

This was taken after the seatbelt sign was switched off

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Just did this snapshot on Changi Airport's weather. Visibility 0m. PSI 400 - another record high.

I just checked the figure in HK and the irony is, it varies between 25 and 50 depending on New Territories or Downtown.

Comment

I am transiting through SIN and overnighting at KUL on Tuesday - will be interested to see how it looks then
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

While walking through the Garden of Eden, Adam saw God at work and asked, "God, what are you doing?"

"I am making a country called Singapore. I am placing her near the equator so the weather is always warm and sunny, and her people will never suffer bitter cold nor unforgiving desert heat. She will also always be protected from any natural disasters. Her location will be strategically supreme so she will flourish as one of the world's busiest ports, travel spots, and business and education hubs. Her size will be compact yet optimal to set the stage for political and economic excellence, allowing for low crime rates and high living standards for a truly multi-cultural, well-educated and highly skilled developed country.

"Wow," said Adam, "But, God, why are you making Singapore so perfect?"

"Ha!" God replied, "Wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving her..."
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              While walking through the Garden of Eden, Adam saw God at work and asked, "God, what are you doing?"

"I am making a country called Singapore. I am placing her near the equator so the weather is always warm and sunny, and her people will never suffer bitter cold nor unforgiving desert heat. She will also always be protected from any natural disasters. Her location will be strategically supreme so she will flourish as one of the world's busiest ports, travel spots, and business and education hubs. Her size will be compact yet optimal to set the stage for political and economic excellence, allowing for low crime rates and high living standards for a truly multi-cultural, well-educated and highly skilled developed country.

"Wow," said Adam, "But, God, why are you making Singapore so perfect?"

"Ha!" God replied, "Wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving her..."
                              And the whimpering children it will be populated with.

Comment

Working...
                              X