Garuda to move to Changi T3 from March 11, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    GA is the only airline in T3 handled by CIAS.
    QR is handled by CIAS too.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
      QR is handled by CIAS too.
      I stand corrected. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        GA is the only airline in T3 handled by CIAS.
        I understand QR is also handled by CIAS.

Comment

Last few days to get nice pictures of GA at T1 before the pictures becomes history

Comment

Last day before the move takes effect.Better get down and get some last pictures of it at T1

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
              Last day before the move takes effect.Better get down and get some last pictures of it at T1
              What move takes effect? Actually, I feel that T1 has changed a lot already. Whats really left is the string water fountain and that sculpture. Flooring has changed and T1 is getting too crowded for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
                What move takes effect? Actually, I feel that T1has changed a lot already. Whats really left is the string water fountain and that sculpture. Flooring has changed and T1 is getting too crowded for comfort.
                Garuda moving to T3 tomorrow. So today is the last day for them at T1.

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  Garuda moving to T3 tomorrow. So today is the last day for them at T1.
                  Oh yeah. The passengers should be happy. Got a good terminal to do shopping and better restaurants. Haha..

Comment

Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
                    Oh yeah. The passengers should be happy. Got a good terminal to do shopping and better restaurants. Haha..
                    Haha yes.Better environment and facilities too.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                      I believe it is true that they are moving airlines out of T1 because of the renovations. But GA would not be one of them as the move-out happened earlier with airlines like NH, AI, IC, IX, KE and OZ moving to T2. GA's move-out is probably an airline decision to use a "better" terminal, if I may use such a word. Besides, the space freed up at T1 will be used to accommodate expansion of the remaining airlines at T1 or given to new operators to Changi, and those airlines which have left will not return.
                      I guess should be both factors. I was at T1 last week and saw the counter where GA was is now "gone".

I think Changi Airport is trying to make some airlines move to T3 and offer a good "price" and GA think this should be a good deal also and can improve the image.

But the location of GA checkin counter at Row 1 is a bit awkward in my opinion. It is very different from the other rows.
                      Last edited by lingua101; 6 March 2011, 11:30 PM.
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
                        Agreed with this. During the afternoon, T1 always packed with Jetstar, AirAsia and Lion. There are too many budget carrier during this period. When I went few times for plane spotting, my impression is that T1 is almost like budget terminal.
                        Actually they should not wasting money and land to build a Budget Terminal just to cater for Tiger Airways. Seriously they should use T1 for "budget" and move some airlines to T3 since it starts.

I guess they are too ambitious at the beginning lor. Too bad Financial Crisis hits and SQ is not expanding as expected.

Until last years, T3 looks like ghost town and they have converted the last row for children playground
                        visit my blog

Comment

Not to mention that almost half of the shops on B1, B2, and L3 are all gone!! it's so sad to see such a nice terminal with little human traffic. Anyway, the shopping experience at T3 is not as conducive/attractive as say...T2?? or is it just me??? I could get myself in shopping mood whenener I was travelling thru T2, but not T3...though aesthetically speaking, T3 is "classier"

Comment

Things must be going well since the move to T3, as GA are increasing to 8 per day on CGK-SIN:

Indonesia’s national airline, Garuda Indonesia, will next week add an extra daily flight between Singapore and Jakarta, bringing the total to eight per day.

Commencing 1 August 2011, the new flight will operate using a Boeing 737-800NG aircraft, which features Garuda Indonesia’s new ‘Nature’s Wing’ livery, signature interior and upgraded inflight services.

The new outbound service, GA 837, will depart Changi Airport at 11.20am and arrive in Soekarno-Hatta Airport at 12.05pm.

The inbound flight, GA 836, will depart Jakarta at 7:55am, arriving in Singapore at 10:20am.

“Singapore is a key destination for us as it represents our busiest route outside of Indonesia, with over 60 outbound flights weekly. With this new service, we increase our passenger appeal by offering an even wider range of timings on this key route to accommodate the growing demand,” said Risnandi, Senior General Manager, Area Asia, Garuda Indonesia.

To celebrate the introduction of this additional service, Garuda Indonesia will be running a one week sale on Singapore - Jakarta route from now till 31 July 2011. Valid for travel from 31 July to 25 August 2011, return flights in economy class will be on sale from Sin$180. Terms and conditions apply.

Comment

And recently I have heard nothing but compliments about GA's inflight service. Everyone seemed impressed by the rapid improvements GA made.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I wonder if GA (and VN) would move back to T1 once the renovation is completed, since most SKyTeam (excluding KE) are using T1

Comment

Working...
                                X