Experiences with LX Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with LX Y

Sorry to hijack with slightly unrelated question, has anyone experienced LX's Y product from ZRH-JFK or similar? Curious to see if there's any difference to the bog standard LH Y product.

Perfectly valid to start a new thread, I think. We like keeping the limelight on the TR writer's experiences.

I'm moving the post from DFP's TR to its own thread so the question can also get its fair share of attention.

jjpb3
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think the main difference between LX and LH Y is that LX has avod on its A340 and A330-300 (A330-200 has PTV but on a loop).

Comment

Service is also better on LX than LH.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          Mmm I think from previous experience I have to agree. Shocking considering LX is a Subsidiary of LH

Comment

Flew LX Y on the 343 a while back from ZRH to CAI...IFE is ahead of LH's. I also believe there's a little more leg room on LX. That assessment might be biased because I was seated in the emergency exit row. Massive leg room but fixed arm rests. Ideal for the shortish day flight to CAI though.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Having flown both airlines heavily in Y (more LH unfortunatley - sigh) I would also put LX ahead of LH in Y any time of the day. LH's A346 & A333 planes (okay some A343s are also refurbished) that do have PTV are maybe on par as far as the hard product goes but I would say food + service is better on LX though not SQ of course

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                LX have some fabulously good crews (except for the wet leases), some of which really shine through as being amongst the best. LH has a better consistency, but you'll usually win with LX.

LX short-haul food is more variable, LH has the edge here on some flights (the LX Y and C under 2 hour breakfast is extremely skimpy).

Comment

Working...
                X