H1N1 vaccine: to take or not to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 vaccine: to take or not to take

Did a straw poll amongst my friends and 99% said that they ARE NOT going to take the H1N1 vaccine.

Main reason is they feel that since H1N1 is not life threatening, it is better to contract it, and gain natural immunity, rather than relying on a vaccine.

Is this reasoning sound medically ??

It never ceases to amaze me when people will be more apt to get medical advice from their friends than their doctor.

Yes, 99% of people who contract H1N1 will recover just fine. But do you really want to roll the dice and be that 1%??? And what if you contract the virus and pass it to a person who falls into that 1%? Are you OK with that? What if it's a pregnant woman or a child?

In the USA, we've had bizarre talk show hosts advising people to have H1N1 parties (to infect each other) and/or toting thoughts that the vaccine is manufactured differently from the seasonal flu vaccine (it isn't) and, therefore, has side effects. The CDC has formally stated that this is all crap and that if people opt not to get the vaccine, we will simply have more dead people.
    HUGE AL

Comment

First, there is the public health dimension mentioned by HUGE AL.

But in addition, flu symptoms, including those of H1N1, can be pretty hoary to go through, thus the demand for the normal flu vaccine in the wintertime.

In any case, the point of a vaccine is to trigger an immune response without the attendant serious risks from actually contracting the disease. That 'natural' immunity is preferable doesn't make sense to me.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

H1N1 vaccine to take or not to take

i am wondering if there is any songs out there that does not require retuning the guitar. it will be so troublesome for me to tune the guitar since i only have one and i play it the normal way as well. so is there any songs that does not require me to to it first?

Comment

Working...
        X