Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facade of the Crowne Plaza Changi hotel... What were they thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally saw the fully erected 'floral scaffolding' in person yesterday and my opinion still hasn't changed. Just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
      Finally saw the facade today when arriving by taxi at T2, I quite like it!
      Welcome back to SQ and Singapore, fimo. Did you miss the place much? (The airline, well, it goes without saying, I think )
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Welcome back to SQ and Singapore, fimo. Did you miss the place much? (The airline, well, it goes without saying, I think )
        Thanks for the warm welcome, jjpb3 - correct, the airline goes without saying, though it's the first time since 2000 where I sat back of the bus (in BKK now) without PPS status! The AMS J crew was fabulous though, best I've had ever. Great team.

I was just in Singapore over Christmas, so I haven't missed it that much, but there has been MUCH indulgement of local food, overdid Newton Circus one evening that left 4 adults in pain from overeating - Yikes!

Comment

I was in and out of Changi over the weekend to Perth, saw the orchids are spreading around the facade, now the side facing T1 is covered, think they will be "growing" on the back soon. Its growing on me too!

Comment

Have added a couple of photos of the landside facade to the original photo I posted showing the airside. I frankly still find it ugly, but hey, it does get attention!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sankaps86/CrownePlazaChangi

Comment

Originally posted by Sankaps View Post
              Have added a couple of photos of the landside facade to the original photo I posted showing the airside. I frankly still find it ugly, but hey, it does get attention!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sankaps86/CrownePlazaChangi
              I suppose they are going to charge a premium for those few rooms with an unobstructed view?
              Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I see they have just completed a sizeable extension to this place. The look of it has grown on me since I first saw it, when it certainly didn't, but we won't dwell on that as we wouldn't want to upset the designers again.

Comment

Working...
                X