My T3 Experience = Queues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    The problem is we have 3 (actually 4) sets of immigration counters. It is so ineffective way of managing abd does not allow the fexibility of expansion. Another bad thing is the auto passport clearance machine. Is so slow and many trouble.
    Eh ?.

There is far more than three sets of immigration counters and plenty room for expansion.

It is quite apparent you have 'issues' with Changi airport. Did you fall over and hurt your knee there or something ?. Maybe you should give it a miss in future and use another airport.

Comment

Correct. I notice the same. Not only that, collection of bags is also much slower in T3. Thumb down for T3.
      Also the self checkin machines is basically a white elephant !!
      The problem is we have 3 (actually 4) sets of immigration counters. It is so ineffective way of managing abd does not allow the fexibility of expansion. Another bad thing is the auto passport clearance machine. Is so slow and many trouble.
      Is there anything you like about Changi?

And I must say, while I like being challenged by alternative viewpoints, your opinions on Changi are either downright inaccurate or not the consensus view.

So what, in your opinion, is the airport that impresses you most?
      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 12 January 2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Last night went thru immigration at 10:15pm at T3 for SQ231 SIN-SYD. No queues at all. T3 is very impressive. I was also impressed with new regional 733A J seats. J was only 30% full, and I actually managed some sleep which is unusual for me.

The only annoying thing for me is the long walk from SilverKris Lounges to B9 gate.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

And I must say, while I like being challenged by alternative viewpoints, your opinions on Changi are either downright inaccurate or not the consensus view.

So what, in your opinion, is the airport that impresses you most?
          So far impress me the most is the one in Hong Kong and Thailand. Is really efficient and practical.

I think last year rating for best airport has truely reflect that.

Lets count how many of following we have in Singapore Airport
          1. immigration office?
          2. Taxi stand? Think T3 has 2, T2 has 2, T1 has 1 and BT has 1? - ask the taxi driver if they are confused with these?
          3. Light rail between T1/T2/T3 and their location.
          5. Carpetted airport *nice but hard to walk. Most important, expensive to maintain.
          Last edited by cscs1956; 13 January 2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I would honestly prefer an airport that uses carpet as opposed to tiles as they do get pretty slippery when wet (no pun intended). This causes a problem for passengers who are rushing for their flights. As far as being expensive to maintain, well, that is the airport's own problem. But that is just IMHO and to each his/her own.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

So far impress me the most is the one in Hong Kong and Thailand. Is really efficient and practical.

I think last year rating for best airport has truely reflect that.
              Agree Hong Kong is nice. Disagree that Bangkok even comes close to Changi.

I don't take rating agencies seriously. Their methodology is dubious.
              eg Moody's and S&P were giving AAA ratings ratings to junk bonds

Lets count how many of following we have in Singapore Airport
              1. immigration office?
              2. Taxi stand? Think T3 has 2, T2 has 2, T1 has 1 and BT has 1? - ask the taxi driver if they are confused with these?
              3. Light rail between T1/T2/T3 and their location.
              5. Carpetted airport *nice but hard to walk. Most important, expensive to maintain.
              What's your point?
              1. Long queues at immigration? I use the "self checking machine". No white elephant I assure you.
              2. You want one taxi stand to serve all the terminals? Or your problem is that you don't know which terminal you are leaving from?
              3. The light rail stops is such because Changi was built in phases: T1 T2 then T3
              4. Carpets are nice.. but minus point in your books, expensive to maintain

I guess it takes all types to make the world. Interesting perspective though...
              Last edited by 9V-SIA; 13 January 2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

The automated machines greatly helped immigration queues, I think previously there were like 1/2 of the booths for Singapore citizens, but due to the machines, it become like only 2 or 3 for Singapore citizens, so more booths (less queue) for non-citizens.

If you find it harder to walk on carpet, then you must be walking the wrong way. Main difference between carpet and tiles is friction, and only situation that more friction is bad is if you are being lazy and drag your feet while you walk, otherwise, the friction is only used to prevent your feet from slipping (like on ice).

Comment

Suvarnabhumi 'efficient and practical' ??!!.

Oh no, he hates the place and always has. He's not struck on SQ either.

Comment

Someone obviously does not know how to use the self checkin machines and automated passport clearance gates.

On second thoughts, I think he must be confused with all the many airports he has been going through.

cscs1956, are you absolutely positive you're talking about THE Singapore Changi Airport?!

Comment

HKG practical???

I find it rather impractical that (just disembarked from a plane) transit passengers have to go through security checks to go upstairs to departure lounge to board the same plane...
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Agree Hong Kong is nice. Disagree that Bangkok even comes close to Changi.

I don't take rating agencies seriously. Their methodology is dubious.
                        eg Moody's and S&P were giving AAA ratings ratings to junk bonds

What's your point?
                        1. Long queues at immigration? I use the "self checking machine". No white elephant I assure you.
                        2. You want one taxi stand to serve all the terminals? Or your problem is that you don't know which terminal you are leaving from?
                        3. The light rail stops is such because Changi was built in phases: T1 T2 then T3
                        4. Carpets are nice.. but minus point in your books, expensive to maintain

I guess it takes all types to make the world. Interesting perspective though...
                        Guess it will takes a while before we can see the potential of Bangkok airport. The design is really nice and have good effecient element in place.

Comment

Yay, our resident Changi hater is back.

Guess it will takes a while before we can see the potential of Bangkok airport. The design is really nice and have good effecient element in place.

I reckon that the number of people on this planet that would claim Suvarnabhumi is 'nicely designed and efficient' would be insufficient to fill a telephone box.

Please keep these coming.

Comment

It is nicely designed but totally inefficient, but that's mainly due to typical Thai management...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              It is nicely designed but totally inefficient, but that's mainly due to typical Thai management...

I'd have to say that was a spot on assessment. It's nicely designed, but wasn't a whole lotta thought put into it. I do like the choice of shops there though. I can choose between King Power, King Power, King Power, King Power, King Power and if in the mood sometimes King Power. If i'm feeling REAAAALLY adventurous, I might even be a little daring and try King Power.

Comment

There's a Thomas and Tonini...

..if you want pasta...

Comment

Working...
                                X