SIN T3: Terminal 3 user experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
    Terminal 3 is not doing it for me. Arrived last Saturday late afternoon and the immigration line was more than 20 deep - even the residents line. They seem to have half the desks of T2.

But the worst was leaving last night. They now have a cut-off time for duty free of 80 mins before departure. The girls in the shop suggested the small shop inside the gate area but they had only limited range. My recollection was that you could buy at T2 up to 30 mins before departure.

Not good for their duty free business.
    I'm surprised this is coming from a fellow Melbournian. Have you actually flown in and out of Tullamarine? I'm definitely not impressed with Australian airports custom and immigration. Selections of the duty free are also limited and much more expensive than Changi. As bad as your experience is, it is nothing in comparison with the welcoming experience in Australian airports, such as this one: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4834

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
      I'm surprised this is coming from a fellow Melbournian. Have you actually flown in and out of Tullamarine? I'm definitely not impressed with Australian airports custom and immigration. Selections of the duty free are also limited and much more expensive than Changi. As bad as your experience is, it is nothing in comparison with the welcoming experience in Australian airports, such as this one: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4834
      I believe that Singapore have set their own standards with T1 and T2 and I find that the new T3 has many deficiencies including lack of immigration counters (since they rely on the auto clearance), lack of signage and the 80 minute limit on duty free just killed me because I prefer the selection and prices in Singapore compared to Melbourne. I don't know what the Architect was thinking with the multi-gate corralling area - this does not work at LAX and other places and it does not work well here.

As for Australia and Melbourne I travel with golf shoes and often have site footwear. I always declare and get the quarantine shoe cleaning service to do their bit! Admittedly I have an APEC Card and I can avoid the long immigration lines in Melbourne and many other places.

This last trip I started out with The Rat out of Sydney to Shanghai and that Sydney Terminal is a hovel. And how can The Rat have an aircraft sitting at the gate all night and have a mechanical problem in the morning? I believe that this occurred with the Shnaghai flight 5 days in a row!
      Last edited by sudsoz; 23 July 2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I don't know what the Architect was thinking with the multi-gate corralling area - this does not work at LAX and other places and it does not work well here.
        Hi, can explain to me wat's multi-gate corralling area and the deficiency of it?

Thks.

Comment

Terminal 3 is not doing it for me. Arrived last Saturday late afternoon and the immigration line was more than 20 deep - even the residents line. They seem to have half the desks of T2.
          There are 18 Immigration desks @T3 compared to 16 Desks @T2 for Departure... and For arrivals, there are 18 arrival counters + 2 E-IACS counters @ T2 compared to 14 arrival counters + 6 E-IACS counters @ T3..

But the worst was leaving last night. They now have a cut-off time for duty free of 80 mins before departure. The girls in the shop suggested the small shop inside the gate area but they had only limited range. My recollection was that you could buy at T2 up to 30 mins before departure. Not good for their duty free business.
          the 80 minute limit on duty free just killed me because I prefer the selection and prices in Singapore compared to Melbourne.
          80 Mins cut-off time is only for LAG Duty free products. I can definitely shop for my perfumes and liquors within 80 minutes.. Unfortunately, This is a requirement by Australian Customs NOT CAAS
          Last edited by blast-off; 23 July 2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

...I don't know what the Architect was thinking with the multi-gate corralling area - this does not work at LAX and other places and it does not work well here.
            LAX TBIT has a different layout, I think. The security is for all the gates and for going into the secure departure area.
            I can see similarity with FRA Terminal B Gate 30-34 for example, for the flights to depart to LHR or ZRH. The security checks are for the pax in that shared gate, and always too crowded.

Comment

jesus im gonna get lost in there.

Comment

Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
                In Changi? It must have the clearest signage of any airport.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Yes. It is nearly impossible to get lost at Changi
                  Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
                    The map and signage of Changi is very clear. It would be difficult to get lost there, as others have said.
                    It's pretty easy to find the way to arrive or to transfer.

Comment

Hello people,

Would anybody please inform whether or not Changi new Terminal 3 offers a locker facility similar to that of in T2? I remembered seeing such lockers in T2 for those who want to store their carry-on trolley if they want to explore the city or don't plan to use the transit hotel.

I intend to use that facility if it's available since I will be transiting for about 9 hours before my next SQ flight to London.

Comment

Yes, Left Luggage facilities are available - handy link for you:

http://www.luggageguides.com/article...i-airport.html

Comment

Thank you so much Kyo, really appreciate it

Comment

Does anyone know the plans for the Row 1 check in counters (Next to SQ R/F Checkin area)? The wood trimmings are stained in a darker shade compared to Rows 2-11. Possible future non SQ premium check in area?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                              Hi, can explain to me wat's multi-gate corralling area and the deficiency of it?

Thks.
                              In T3 gates A1-A5 and gates B1-B4 share a single departure waiting area and are accessed by one common entrance. So passengers of all flights using these gates all wait together for different flights.

One thing I don't like is that after clearing security the lines to get boarded (i.e. when they scan your BP at the machine) is just in front of the aerobridge and the seats and other seated passengers get in the way of queues and vice versa.

And you can't see your aircraft clearly, if that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                Not quite so sure anymore. With T3, I am amazed that the Skytrain signage for pax arriving at the distant A gates isn't clear. Most pax end up walking instead of taking the Skytrain.

Comment

Working...
                                X