Singapore photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore photos

hey all, I've got a bit of second-hand homesickness from reading all the stuff here (I'm an expat so I can't claim it as first-hand), and I've been looking at my relatively small collection of Singapore photos, which gave me an idea, if you've got any photos of Singapore that you'd like to share, post them here! they don't have to be artistic, or even of popular things, just ones that remind you of home!

I'll start with this one :

and this one:

and this one, I love singapore taxis!:

This is what I look at when I am not flying.

Last edited by SuperJonJon; 7 August 2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Hey, I recognise that ferris wheel thing in the second pane of glass from the left. It was visible from my hotel room in Marina the other day. Out of curiousity, what is it ?

Comment

it's the Singapore flyer, a supposed rival to the London Eye etc, except all you're really going to see is the port and a golf course, and it dosen't look that big either...

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
          it's the Singapore flyer, a supposed rival to the London Eye etc, except all you're really going to see is the port and a golf course, and it dosen't look that big either...
          Not too sure the exact size but I believe that it actually the biggest ferris wheel in Asia and is taller than the London Eye.

Comment

yeah, just my observation from the freeway, and I have seen the london eye

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              Not too sure the exact size but I believe that it actually the biggest ferris wheel in Asia and is taller than the London Eye.
              It will actually the tallest one in the world! It will have unique pods that carry up to 30 people and you can have like breakfast, parties, weddings, and business meetings in them. It also has a "terminal" building at the bottom with huge shopping malls, indoor rain forests, and a wide range of food. They said there will be a "Greek" style theatre too for concerts. It is opening on March 1, 2008.
              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                I love singapore taxis!
                I sure hope you are kidding.
                The cabs are alright. but i have no words on the drivers.
                BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

when you spend a lot of time in Melbourne taxis, you will love them too. One of the things I love about coming back to Singapore is the taxi drivers actually knowing the way to where you want to go! there's nothing more unnerving then a student fresh off the plane from India saying "it's my first job" as has happened to me. dunno about a Greek theatre, sounds a lot like Volcanoland, lest we forget,
                  Last edited by Greatfox; 7 August 2007, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I really dont know why but I really love rides in Singapore taxis, especially when you catch those prestige taxis that are the same price usually. The most "interesting" taxi rides I've had have been in China-take a ride in one of 'them taxis!
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

on the flipside, that wild ride in a chinese taxi only costs you $2, I think I was once taken the scenic route in Shanghai with my cousins, didn't matter cause it ended up only costing $5

Comment

as much as I like going off on a tangent as the next person, shall we try and get back on topic?

Comment

superjonjon, I spy THREE bottles of Moet in yr office

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            superjonjon, I spy THREE bottles of Moet in yr office
                            Very keen eye! Unfortunately those are empty bottles, would not leave good champagne to bake in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              Very keen eye! Unfortunately those are empty bottles, would not leave good champagne to bake in the sun.
                              A huge sigh of relief from the champers-loving folk like yours truly.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos of Singapore. It doesn't occur to me to take any whenever I visit because I visit so often, I guess.
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 August 2007, 01:43 PM.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X