My Encounter At Gate E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Yeah. Is 35 still a non air-con service?
    Not sure, but possibly. I took that bus (followed by cab to NSRCC) many years back, before I owned a car.

I'm lobbying to bring my in-laws to NSRCC or Laguna this Sunday for the Fathers' Day meal. Of course, they wouldn't understand my motivation for heading there.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
      Not sure, but possibly. I took that bus (followed by cab to NSRCC) many years back, before I owned a car.

I'm lobbying to bring my in-laws to NSRCC or Laguna this Sunday for the Fathers' Day meal. Of course, they wouldn't understand my motivation for heading there.
      Heh. Just to plane spot and they will find out on that day.

Comment

With no plans to go out with friends on a Friday night, I suggested to the Queen that we have dinner at Changi Village. She said alright, "but no planes okay?". No emergency gates, I assured her.

So off we went. Driving northeast along Changi Coast Road, I caught a weird-looking SQ aircraft taking off. It looked odd, looking from some angles like the A380, with big words and all. Then, I noticed the distinctive tailfin. It turned out to be a Boeing 777-300ER. That was 7:10pm. That seemed an odd time for a flight to a long-haul B773ER destination to take off. Checking the departure records on Changi Airport's website yielded no results. Anybody can shed some light?

Anyhow, I headed for the Ferry Terminal carpark after dinner. Very quiet. Just as I was about to leave, this SilkAir aircraft came in. At least I didn't go back empty-handed.
        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

I went plane spotting yesterday at the usual place (T1 viewing mall) and took quite a lot of pics. Spotted some 744s and a CX A343 (highlights for the day). Saw a SQ 77W, JAL 77W, BA 772ER also the day's highlights. Yes, I did take pictures of them if possible, I will screen the quality over a period of time. I spotted lots of unique a/c yesterday. Had I gone earlier, I could have spotted even more including PIA's A310 and Air Zimbabwe's.

Certainly not the best place to spot, but weather was not on my side yesterday, no choice but to stay there. I will be going somewhere else to spot if I could.

Comment

this seems to be the right topic to ask this question, while my registration at ninervictor is being approved, can someone tell me where photos like this:
            of planes on that taxiway were taken? (what's the official name of that taxiway anyway?)

Comment

I think he managed to make some form of special arrangements that day due to it being the first visit of the A380.

Comment

Was the photograper suspended on a crane or something to take that shot? From the pic, you can see the two 'runways' and I do not recall a third.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  Was the photograper suspended on a crane or something to take that shot? From the pic, you can see the two 'runways' and I do not recall a third.
                  Looking at the direction of the shot and thinking what may be 'behind' there are a few buildings down that was as it's in the direction of the Budget Terminal. He could have been on one of those, or a Helicopter.

I'm not sure where you think you can see any runways in that shot, cos I can't ??. That's a taxiway it's on with the building work at T3 visible behind the tail.

The 'third' runway at Changi is over to the East of the airport behind the trees and is some way from where that shot is. You must have seen that shorter runway used by the military over towards Changi Naval Base ?!. I've been outside in the sunflower garden at T2 when jets have been taking off from there.

Comment

Sorry ManFlyer...Words failed me at times. I should use the word 'taxiway'. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

That pic was taken from a 'cherry picker' that was specially position there that day for that shot. Once you're registered in ninervictor, you'll be able to see how the shot was taken.

Comment

I have always wondered about something too. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but how do photographers frame the aircraft so nicely that there're about equal amounts of space between the left and right extremes of the aircraft? If I were to take a picture of a moving object, my pictures would probably show the part of the head or tail cut off!
                        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                          I have always wondered about something too. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but how do photographers frame the aircraft so nicely that there're about equal amounts of space between the left and right extremes of the aircraft? If I were to take a picture of a moving object, my pictures would probably show the part of the head or tail cut off!
                          They take the pictures continuously and choose the best. And it takes a lot of skill to take a good shot. I believe he cropped the picture for such a frame. SIA uses this pic in their A380 website btw. Getting such an opportunity is rare. IIRC, one of the guys at Ninervictor/a.net actually takes photos for SIA.

Comment

you're right about the cherry picker, I was just watching the documentary about the A380, and it had footage from INSIDE the plane taxiing past the cherry picker and the ECP

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                              you're right about the cherry picker, I was just watching the documentary about the A380, and it had footage from INSIDE the plane taxiing past the cherry picker and the ECP
                              I always envy people who possess the means to be part of the action, instead of reading about them from afar, like most of us here on SQTalk. Sigh.
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                                this seems to be the right topic to ask this question, while my registration at ninervictor is being approved, can someone tell me where photos like this:
                                of planes on that taxiway were taken? (what's the official name of that taxiway anyway?)
                                Its called South Cross 2 and I think the official name is SC2

Comment

Working...
                                X