A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    The 787-10 should have the range for IST. IST and CHC are the 2 longer haul routes than are still serviced by those ancient 772ERs. If SQ were acting as we expect, those would be the first routes served by the 787-10s but given the way things have been going, again its anyone's guess. What is more or less certain is that these birds will be used to serve some destinations in Japan, China, Australia, India and perhaps within SEA.
    Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
    SQ ordered 60 A359s & 7 A359 ULR. One A359 (9V-SMU) is due for delivery this month, after which the 7 ULR will be delivered in succession from August 2018 till next year. It will then continue with the remaining A359s from the second half of 2019.
    Thanks both. Very interesting timeline. I actually think it's more plausible for them to feed the new planes to Australia, China and SEAsia, given that that's where the competition is. IST and CHC just seem too niche, and SQ doesn't even operate a daily to IST. It is rather strange that 16+ year old 772s are still plying the skies. The IFE is just, well, as loldude333 rightly puts it, 'ancient'. I'm mostly concerned about the gigantic underseat IFE boxes though.

Comment

• 9V-SMU is scheduled to arrive into Changi Airport on 10FEB18 at 1515 LT as SQ8895.

STD: 2000 LT (09FEB18)
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        9V-SMU is scheduled to arrive into Changi Airport on 10FEB18 at 1515 LT as SQ8895.

Thanks for the update as always 9V-SPL.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
          9V-SMU is scheduled to arrive into Changi Airport on 10FEB18 at 1515 LT as SQ8895.

9V-SMU was moved to the Delivery Centre over the weekend. She will most likely have her CAF today and then she will be prepared for her Delivery on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
            9V-SMU was moved to the Delivery Centre over the weekend. She will most likely have her CAF today and then she will be prepared for her Delivery on Friday.
            Wow. She will be the last regular A350 in a long while and might be the last A350 in the current international sitting configuration.

Comment

• 9V-SMU completed her CAF today.

Photo source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts/39197405495/

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                SQ ordered 60 A359s & 7 A359 ULR. One A359 (9V-SMU) is due for delivery this month, after which the 7 ULR will be delivered in succession from August 2018 till next year. It will then continue with the remaining A359s from the second half of 2019.
                Any word on when those ULRs will enter service, and where? Bit scared the new planes will mess up my SIN-NRT-LAX on the current 777 in late September.

Comment

• probably Sep/Oct timeframe.

SIN-NRT-LAX has been around for the longest time and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.
                  What's your concern?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    probably Sep/Oct timeframe.

SIN-NRT-LAX has been around for the longest time and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.
                    What's your concern?
                    Hoping they don't swap in a ULR for the nonstop SIN-LAX, messing up my connecting flights. Appreciate the insight!

Comment

• Ok, I see your concern.

At this point, only SQ knows how the LAX route will panned out.

When the non-stops return, I think it will be non-stop & SIN-NRT-LAX like just before they suspended the non-stops. Flight schedules would probably be similar to the past.

I don't know what would happen to SIN-ICN-LAX. I do not think they'll keep it but at the same time, I think SQ wants to keep the 5th freedom and we might see SIN-ICN-......

Comment

I don't know what would happen to SIN-ICN-LAX. I do not think they'll keep it but at the same time, I think SQ wants to keep the 5th freedom and we might see SIN-ICN-......
                        Would love to see a SIN-ICN-SEAvv to compete with EVA.

Comment

Ok, I see your concern.

At this point, only SQ knows how the LAX route will panned out.

When the non-stops return, I think it will be non-stop & SIN-NRT-LAX like just before they suspended the non-stops. Flight schedules would probably be similar to the past.

They could bring back SIN-ICN-SFO and retime SQ32/31 to a late afternoon ex-SIN and have it arrive back at SIN at 5/6AM like most flights do. As far as the LAX flight, they would still have to figure out what to do when SQ12 goes back via NRT if for some reason they land up doing a nonstop flight replacing SQ8/7.

Of course SFO is one of the few airports with a huge Star Alliance hub
                          Last edited by SQfanatic; 6 February 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            They could bring back SIN-ICN-SFO and retime SQ32/31 to a late afternoon ex-SIN and have it arrive back at SIN at 5/6AM like most flights do.
                            SIN-ICN-SFO was dropped when SIN-SFO (SQ32/31) came online, rationalizing capacity. Why would SQ reinstate SIN-ICN-SFO again? In a move to offer more frequency and capacity, with a de-emphasis on load factor, yields and profitability?

Kindly explain, SQfanatic. I'd like to hear your thought process on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Would love to see a SIN-ICN-SEAvv to compete with EVA.
                              Yes SQ should serve Seattle with an Airbus aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                                Yes SQ should serve Seattle with an Airbus aircraft.
                                LOL! Good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X